ADVERTISEMENT

MidWinter Mayhem

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
This should be a good one. Seems like mostly second tier teams and some hammers sprinkled in. Lots of District 4 programs are going. It should be fun to see Benton take on some D4 opponents.
Looking down the list, Canton and Montgomery might be pushing for the D4 title. SC is down but not out. They still have lots of talented wrestlers

D4 shows this weekend why they are the toughest AA district in the state

This is all D4. Little Kolb is the front runner. Humphrey, Swank and Stoltfus could all make the top 8. Brody Bishop wins the bracket

I thought WB was in this and we would see Bainey Vs Bassett. Neither are in it. Not sure why. Hartmen got a terrible draw. Watch out for Carden Wagner in this bracket. Ty Kapusta over pisarchick

Little Harer runs though this one easy. Would like to see him Vs Jax. Brandt took our Herring at Super 32 and could slow Jax down too. Denny would have a good Game plan. Harer wins easily in the finals

This is a weak bracket. Jax won’t break a sweat. I am excited to see how Nolan Baumert does. He is a tough kid and coming on strong. Jax over Househlder. Tough kid from Brookville

Granahan should get his shot at Johnson. That match will be fun and worth the price of admission. The semis vs Przybycien will be tough too Puderbach is someone to watch out for too.

Big Kolb has a tough draw but could make the finals. He would have to beat Magro and then Saylor. Both winnable matches for him. Shaw wins pretty easy

Burke is the third seed. He could knock off Hoover. Taddy is tough and just looked good at Powerade. He wins this bracket but not easily

This will be the Match of the tournament, Conner Vs Ty Watters. Unfortunately Montgomery schedule isn’t tough and this will be the only tough match Conner gets all season. He will smoke AA. Marlow and Dennis are tough too

160 this is a deep class for a AA event. MacKay is the favorite but Frontino is an m2 guy and we know they are ready. Shawn Taylor had a great Powerade. Connor Yoder is under the radar. He always wrestles well at states.

Wesley Barnes! If back in wrestling shape. He wins easy. Caden Finck is pretty tough but would see Barnes in the semis

Riley Parker is the 2 seed but wins this bracket. He is another one under the radar By some. No one though in d4

Big Austin hammers everyone. No competition for him. Not sure why some of these schools don’t challenge themselves at Powerade or ETR

Hwt
Gunnar from Danville is the top in this bracket. Thompson is active as a hwt.

This should be a good one. Seems like mostly second tier teams and some hammers sprinkled in. Lots of District 4 programs are going. It should be fun to see Benton take on some D4 opponents.
Looking down the list, Canton and Montgomery might be pushing for the D4 title. SC is down but not out. They still have lots of talented wrestlers

This is all D4. Little Kolb is the front runner. Humphrey, Swank and Stoltfus could all make the top 8. Brody Bishop wins the bracket

I thought WB was in this and we would see Bainey Vs Bassett. Neither are in it. Not sure why. Hartmen got a terrible draw. Watch out for Carden Wagner in this bracket. Ty Kapusta over pisarchick

Little Harer runs though this one easy. Would like to see him Vs Jax. Brandt took our Herring at Super 32 and could slow Jax down too. Denny would have a good Game plan. Harer wins easily in the finals

This is a weak bracket. Jax won’t break a sweat. I am excited to see how Nolan Baumert does. He is a tough kid and coming on strong. Jax over Househlder. Tough kid from Brookville

Granahan should get his shot at Johnson. That match will be fun and worth the price of admission. The semis vs Przybycien will be tough too Puderbach is someone to watch out for too.

Big Kolb has a tough draw but could make the finals. He would have to beat Magro and then Saylor. Both winnable matches for him. Shaw wins pretty easy

Burke is the third seed. He could knock off Hoover. Taddy is tough and just looked good at Powerade. He wins this bracket but not easily

This will be the Match of the tournament, Conner Vs Ty Watters. Unfortunately Montgomery schedule isn’t tough and this will be the only tough match Conner gets all season. He will smoke AA. Marlow and Dennis are tough too

160 this is a deep class for a AA event. MacKay is the favorite but Frontino is an m2 guy and we know they are ready. Shawn Taylor had a great Powerade. Connor Yoder is under the radar. He always wrestles well at states.

Wesley Barnes! If back in wrestling shape. He wins easy. Caden Finck is pretty tough but would see Barnes in the semis

Riley Parker is the 2 seed but wins this bracket. He is another one under the radar By some. No one though in d4

Big Austin hammers everyone. No competition for him. Not sure why some of these schools don’t challenge themselves at Powerade or ETR

Hwt
I agree that 152 and 160 have the best semis and finals. Watch out for Gacek at 189. Beat Jake Jones pretty good at Bethlehem Holiday Classic.

Reactions: danoftw

Hwt
Thanks for the rundown, excellent work!

Round of 16 had some great matches. I will update you off of memory. People are saying This tournament is down from the last year talent wise. I guess teams dropped out when they heard Mcort was coming and they only brought 3-4 guys. Only Forest came of their ranked guys. I didn’t hear why.

Stoltzufus from Montgomery won a wild match 15-14. Seth Kolb wins easily and into the quarters

114 Wagner loses a tough one. I don’t think there was any upset. Well done of the seeds here.

Harer looks amazing. He is huge for the weight. Almedina 10 seed beats a kid from Forrest hills. Cooper smith from WA looks good for a freshmen. I guess he was a Ohio Ms state champion.

Forest is so funky and wreckless but so much fun to watch. He could win this bracket with one arm. Nolan Baumert looked solid.

Turi, a freshmen from Scranton looked good in his upset. Granahan is rolling on all cylinders. Przybycian is huge for this weight. Looks like a bodybuilder.

Big Kolb ran into a tough kid from WA. He is probably a kid who goes unnoticed in AAA. He is tough and I never heard of him. Collins from Clearfield looks mean and could give Shaw some trouble.

145 Hudson Spires from Mclane pulled off two upsets. His coaches were mad he wasn’t seeded and he is showing people he shouldn’t of been. The Hoover kid from Penn Cambria goes hard. Chase into the quarters.

Harer is toying with kids. I am glad he will finally get someone close to his level in the finals. Denny needs to get them to better events. Marlow is a strong looking kid from one of the AAA schools.

Clearfield has a monster with freeland. He is young but jacked up. He was unseeded and takes out a higher seed. Frontino was too much for brokenshire.

Barnes is still in football shape. He struggled with an average kid. Hinkson uses his athleticism and pulls of an upset. Another mclane kid was unseeded and knocked off two Seeded kids. Their coaches were right.

189 Roscosky looked great. Riley Parker went down. I would of never seen that coming Adrian Gacek wins this bracket as the 5 seed

Austin Johnson has to :15 second pins. The 3 seed went down. Church isn’t ready for the Johnson heat.

Hwt
2 seed got pinned. Thompson has two quick pins. May be faster than Johnson’s.

Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
Little Kolb into the semis. Alemidina pulls off the upset. Wow. He is a hammer. Beatty pounding bishop.

Forest and Harer are both so tough. I think that would be a great match. Harer would keep it close.

Hayden ward Almost gets the upset. Hoover is impressive. Chase into the semis. That’s three for Homegrown Benton.

Harer crushed another one

Reactions: therod
ADVERTISEMENT