ADVERTISEMENT

Moxie McPick has earned over $1,000,000; Soon to be McMillions

Peetz Pool Boy

Jun 11, 2014
Some of you people still like to crap on the scrappy kid from Scranton who has worked his butt off and deservedly taken advantage of any and every opportunity given him. The reality is Moxie has earned nearly $1 million in 2 seasons and will earn another $0.6 this season. That's more than a lot of his critics will make in a lifetime.

He's probably going to start again for the Raiders next week and will be an UFA in 2016. If not the Raiders, some team is going to pick him up and pay him Fair market value, which will be a nice payout for someone who truly has earned it.

Judge Smails deservedly gave him the Moxie McPick moniker, but we should all be proud of what this kid has accomplished. I don't know if Joe is capable of being proud, but I do know that I am as are many of his former teammates and coaches.

I took advantage of the free NFL games this afternoon and can only say that MM's arm strength and accuracy have gotten so much better since PSU.

This will probably make Bushwood have a cerebral hemorrhage, but B'OB saw something that most didn't. Moxie embraced what Bill and Charlie could offer. Well done.

Last edited:
Matt was already a good QB before O'Brien ever arrived at Penn State. Did O'Brien make him better, I hope so. Athletes usually improve as they cycle through a program coaching change or not.

Reactions: psugisher
Matt was already a good QB before O'Brien ever arrived at Penn State. Did O'Brien make him better, I hope so. Athletes usually improve as they cycle through a program coaching change or not.

So, you actually have some doubt about whether O'Brien and Charlie Fischer made McGloin a better QB as opposed to just another year of experience? You can hate O'Brien for leaving after just two years, for his Joe-Bot comments, for not recruiting more offensive linemen, or for firing Ron Vanderlinden. If you can't see that O'Brien's offensive system and QB development was exponentially better than the staff before or after him then you are clueless... SMH

Last edited:
Extremely proud of this kid. How can you not root for him? Walk-on to NFL quarterback. If the Raiders defense was half decent they might have won.

Moxie McGloin

How many people would have had Matt:
- playing significant time at Penn State his junior year after throwing 4 or 5 picks against LSU in the bowl game
- leading Big Ten QBs in offense his senior year after an up and down junior year that ended with spending time in the hospital as the result of a locker room fight with a team mate
- making the opening day NFL roster after not being drafted or signed as a free agent right after the NFL draft

Each time on his own or with the help of others he has bounced back and improved enough to make it to the next level.
I'm not sure how high his ceiling is, but an adequate NFL backup is higher than many with more natural talent have reached.

Still a very good story with chapters left to be written.

PS., Urschel in his tv interview Sunday mentioned how he lived on just over 24K last year. Assuming Matt is doing similarly, and possibly setting himself up for a future coaching position, he is on his way to being setup for life.

How much money have you made, playing NFL football? You're a nobody who feels the need, for some reason, to denigrate a Penn State guy from Scranton.

Of course he is better then me, but that doesn't make him a "Good QB"

Do you think he is better then Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Eli Manning, Romo, Dalton, Flacco, Wilson? Those are good QB.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

Do you think he is better then Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Eli Manning, Romo, Dalton, Flacco, Wilson? Those are good QB.
Doesn't matter. Nobody is saying he's better than them. He's still an NFL quarterback, whether you like it or not. For some reason, you have a real hard on for this guy.

B'OB saw something that most didn't.

Agree with your post except for this statement. I'm not sure what B'OB "saw". McGloin was the QB he inherited. It's not like he had a lot of other choices. I think most people agree that B'OB did a nice job with Fisher and the offense. The critics complain about Butler and the defense.

Doesn't matter. Nobody is saying he's better than them. He's still an NFL quarterback, whether you like it or not. For some reason, you have a real hard on for this guy.

No I just have a hard on for those who continue to overrate average players. I loved Moxie when he was here and still do, I just can't stand people who think he is a God and a franchise savior like some here do. He is a average QB. His stats show that. I said before, he needs to go on a team and learn behind a value veteran, it would do him a world of good and he would learn alot. He has alot of flaws in his mechanics.

So, you actually have some doubt about whether O'Brien and Charlie Fischer made McGloin a better QB as opposed to just another year of experience? You can hate O'Brien for leaving after just two years, for his Joe-Bot comments, for not recruiting more offensive linemen, or for firing Ron Vanderlinden. If you can't see that O'Brien's offensive system and QB development was exponentially better than the staff before or after him then you are clueless... SMH
No, I didn't say that. What I said was "Matt was already a good QB before O'Brien ever arrived at Penn State." All of you people who deny that ought to pull up your recordings of the previous year and watch - he was a good QB before O'Brien arrived here. Did further coaching make him better, yes! It usually does.

I'm not upset that O'Brien left, I was glad he left. I think he could have done more to keep Johnson and should have put Vanderlinden as DC. Those two coaches had proven to be top drawer assets to the Program. I think O'Brien was a good offensive coach, given his pedigree, I'm certain he was. As a manager, pfft. Yeah, glad he's gone!!!!!

Reactions: psugisher
McGloin was a "good QB" his junior year, just like he's a "solid QB" in the NFL now. O'Brien mentored McGloin and put him in positions to be successful. His numbers in 2012 were amazing, and his 2011 numbers were beyond mediocre. He was 9th in the conference in Yards Passing, Completion Percentage, and QBR. In 2012, he led the conference in passing yards, was 5th in Completion percentage, and 4th in QBR.

In 2011 McGloin had 1571 yards passing, 8 TD and 5 Int, 54.1% completion percentage and a 118.3 rating
In 2012 McGloin had 3271 yards passing, 24 TD and 5 Int, 60.5% completion percentage and a 137.7 rating

I'm reminded of a 1998 trip to the SAtherton McDonald's. One guy behind the counter was flapping his gums saying how Wally Richardson sucks so bad that he couldn't even get off the bench for the Baltimore Ravens. Truth be told, the Ravens really stunk at the time.

I was tempted to say something, but I didn't have to as a little old senior citizen grandpa working behind the counter with him handled it perfectly. He simply asked the ahole a question. "If Wally Richardson sucks so much, why is he the one with a free college degree and making a over a hundred thousand dollars carrying a clipboard while you're a high school drop out working at McDonalds?"

McGloin was a "good QB" his junior year, just like he's a "solid QB" in the NFL now. O'Brien mentored McGloin and put him in positions to be successful. His numbers in 2012 were amazing, and his 2011 numbers were beyond mediocre. He was 9th in the conference in Yards Passing, Completion Percentage, and QBR. In 2012, he led the conference in passing yards, was 5th in Completion percentage, and 4th in QBR.

In 2011 McGloin had 1571 yards passing, 8 TD and 5 Int, 54.1% completion percentage and a 118.3 rating
In 2012 McGloin had 3271 yards passing, 24 TD and 5 Int, 60.5% completion percentage and a 137.7 rating

Again, please tell me how he is solid? He is average. I like him, but we overrate him on here.

I saw Matt every year he was at Penn State, I know what I saw. He was good before O'Brien got here. I have already stated he improved; how much was due to another year of work versus new coaching, I don't know and truth be known you don't know either. Matt has already stated that the new coaching improved him.

If you want to love O'Brien, have at it. I have my own view and I make my own decisions. You're not going to change them. If you can live with that, walk away. If not, have at it.

McGloin is the only QB Obrien ever developed. Brady was MVP before he ever met Obrien.

The kid is doing better than a whole host of other QBs in his class. If he was in the 2013 draft eligible class, and assuming he was redshirted, then he entered college in 2008. The most notable in that class is Andrew Luck. Landry Jones and I think Blaine Gabbert and Sean Renfree are in the show, but most of them...don't really hear much of.

Good QB don't have more turnovers then TD. He is ok, but a backup and nothing more.

Oakland's receivers suck. They drop passes that hit them right on the numbers. Oakland shouldn't have wasted all this time and effort trying to get a better QB when what they really need is receivers who can actually catch the football and then run without dropping it.

Again, please tell me how he is solid? He is average. I like him, but we overrate him on here.
He's an average quarterback who, by one definition, is no worse than the 64th best in the world at what he does. If you or I were 64th best in the world at what we do, wouldn't you think that was pretty good, pretty cool, pretty impressive? Why not celebrate that?

Last edited:
Oakland's receivers suck. They drop passes that hit them right on the numbers. Oakland shouldn't have wasted all this time and effort trying to get a better QB when what they really need is receivers who can actually catch the football and then run without dropping it.
Didn't watch the game, but I assume they played Amari Cooper, their No. 1 draft pick, a WR out of Alabama. Was he dropping passes as well?

Didn't watch the game, but I assume they played Amari Cooper, their No. 1 draft pick, a WR out of Alabama. Was he dropping passes as well?

He dropped at least one pass from Carr.

Picking up Cooper was a good idea, but I do think that the Raiders' obsession with finding a marquee quarterback as a solution to its problems has been wrong-headed. For at least three years their real problem has been with receivers. Can't blame McGloin for that.

Some of you people still like to crap on the scrappy kid from Scranton who has worked his butt off and deservedly taken advantage of any and every opportunity given him. The reality is Moxie has earned nearly $1 million in 2 seasons and will earn another $0.6 this season. That's more than a lot of his critics will make in a lifetime.

He's probably going to start again for the Raiders next week and will be an UFA in 2016. If not the Raiders, some team is going to pick him up and pay him Fair market value, which will be a nice payout for someone who truly has earned it.

Judge Smails deservedly gave him the Moxie McPick moniker, but we should all be proud of what this kid has accomplished. I don't know if Joe is capable of being proud, but I do know that I am as are many of his former teammates and coaches.

I took advantage of the free NFL games this afternoon and can only say that MM's arm strength and accuracy have gotten so much better since PSU.

This will probably make Bushwood have a cerebral hemorrhage, but B'OB saw something that most didn't. Moxie embraced what Bill and Charlie could offer. Well done.
I have been in his corner from the start. He is one of my favorite Penn Staters ever!

Good QB don't have more turnovers then TD. He is ok, but a backup and nothing more.

And what are you? He went from walk-on to NFL QB having earned more than $1,000,000 in the last couple of years. A very good back-up in the NFL. In my book a pretty significant accomplishment. And I ask again, and what are you? Nothing more than somebody who has nothing better than to post "put downs" on a chat board. Did you ever walk-on at a major college football program, make the team, and hold several all-time records at a major college football program? And what are you? somebody who than has nothing better to do with his time than put down others who have made major achievements in their lives. In addition he did pretty good as a broadcaster on the blue/white game. What do you broadcast? BS on a chatboard.

PLAYER POS TEAM G ATT ATTG CMP PCT YDS YDSG LNG TD RATING
Aaron Rodgers QB GB 1 23 23 18 78.3 189 189 34 3 0 0 0 140.5
Andy Dalton QB CIN 1 34 34 25 73.5 269 269 31 2 0 0 0 115.9
Tony Romo QB DAL 1 45 45 36 80 356 356 25 3 2 0 0 103.3
Philip Rivers QB SD 1 42 42 35 83.3 404 404 34 2 2 2 16 102.8
Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT 1 38 38 26 68.4 351 351 43 1 1 2 13 95.4
==>Matt McGloin QB OAK 1 31 31 23 74.2 142 142 14 2 1 2 20 91.1 <<===
Russell Wilson QB SEA 1 41 41 32 78 251 251 23 1 1 6 32 90.1
Drew Brees QB NO 1 48 48 30 62.5 355 355 63 1 1 2 1 83.2
Eli Manning QB NYG 1 36 36 20 55.6 193 193 22 0 0 1 3 70.7
Joe Flacco QB BAL 1 32 32 18 56.3 117 117 22 0 2 2 17 38.2

Matt's always made the most of his opportunities. Give him first team reps and put him out there with first team NFL players and see what he can do. For those that nitpick.. well.. they'll nitpick guys with Super Bowl Rings. F'em.. go get em Matt McGloin! Seriously.. we should be celebrating and rooting for him here. Raiders fans appear to love him and want him to start. I've always hated that some need to give credit to everyone but Matt and downplay every single one of his accomplishments. He's a fighter.. and he's earned everything he's gotten. Can't wait to see him Sunday against the Ravens.

Reactions: Nitwit and EPC FAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT