ADVERTISEMENT

NASA thinks there is an ocean under Mars' surface

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
NASA scientists have uncovered a massive underground ocean deep beneath Mars’ surface—enough water to cover the entire planet in oceans over a mile deep!This incredible find, located 11.5 to 20 kilometers below the surface, suggests Mars might still have the conditions to support life, hidden away in tiny rock pores.

We've known this since the original Total Recall!!! To access it, we just need to activate the ancient alien technology already there. 😃
200w.gif

Reactions: NedFromYork
NASA scientists have uncovered a massive underground ocean deep beneath Mars’ surface—enough water to cover the entire planet in oceans over a mile deep!This incredible find, located 11.5 to 20 kilometers below the surface, suggests Mars might still have the conditions to support life, hidden away in tiny rock pores.

Wouldn't surprise me if theres some Martian life under the surface as well, depending how deep under the surface this water is. Who knows how advanced. *Edit found the answer the water is - These reservoirs lie some 10 to 20 kilometres (six to 12 miles) beneath Mars’s rocky crust and we simply can’t dig down that deep on another world. I think the pressures that deep might be too extreme for much but maybe batcteria of some kind. Earth has a vast global ocean underneath its surface too. But its trapped in rock that absorbs 1% water when under high pressures.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if theres some Martian life under the surface as well, depending how deep under the surface this water is. Who knows how advanced. *Edit found the answer the water is - These reservoirs lie some 10 to 20 kilometres (six to 12 miles) beneath Mars’s rocky crust and we simply can’t dig down that deep on another world. I think the pressures that deep might be too extreme for much but maybe batcteria of some kind. Earth has a vast global ocean underneath its surface too. But it’s trapped in rock that absorbs 1% water when under high pressures.
Interesting factoid to impress chicks at a bar: more than half of the total mass of the biome….. how much every living thing weighs……is below the earth’s surface.

We think almost all living things are above the surface. Not true, most is below and can be as deep as three miles.

The record depth at which life has been found below the surface is approximately 5 km (3.1 miles). Meanwhile, the record below the ocean is 10.5 km from the ocean surface at 4000 meters depth below the sea floor. (That’s nearly 11 km (6.8 miles).)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT