ADVERTISEMENT

Nat duals are back!

if that's what he means that's ridiculous. duals as the national title is the dumbest idea ever. the only people that want that are people that hope there are crazy circumstances that lead to upsets - as opposed the an actual best method of determining a champ.

National Duals are good for what it is and can be. And moving the date really changed the game and allows for almost no excuses to participate. But as a national title - gimme a freakin break.

i hope that's not what Crablegs meant, b/c that's a sissy ass perspective.
If I didn't know better, I'd swear you just called Jammen a sissy ass.

Reactions: nitlion6 and PASLP2
sincerely don't know what you mean
Make the duals count. Give it official importance.

As long as it’s a name only, no one will care. It needs real stakes. It either needs to be an official NCAA dual championship, or play a part in determining the official NCAA championship team. Not saying I support this idea necessarily, but if the top 4 dual teams each got NCAA team points (say 20, 15, 10, and 5) Cael would be there.

• Angry
Reactions: lockhavenlion3

As long as it’s a name only, no one will care. It needs real stakes. It either needs to be an official NCAA dual championship, or play a part in determining the official NCAA championship team. Not saying I support this idea necessarily, but if the top 4 dual teams each got NCAA team points (say 20, 15, 10, and 5) Cael would be there.
Or it could just be a good tournament during the season to get matches the schedule doesn't allow.

It's up to the tournament to make it attractive to teams to go too.

Or it could just be a good tournament during the season to get matches the schedule doesn't allow.

It's up to the tournament to make it attractive to teams to go too.
Yea that’s fine. Just saying, if you want the top teams there we know how to get them there. It’s not a mystery.

Yea that’s fine. Just saying, if you want the top teams there we know how to get them there. It’s not a mystery.
every top team is there. minus PSU and OKST.

adding a process to earn team points for ncaa's is juvenile. you're forcing them to do something they don't want to do which is the reason the event went away to begin with.

i mean, read the f-in room

adding a process to earn team points for ncaa's is juvenile. you're forcing them to do something they don't want to do which is the reason the event went away to begin with.

When you said "read the room":
20210421_AdWhereNothingHappens_NSync_3x2.jpg

every top team except for 2 of the top 3. Lol

I never said I supported that idea, I just said I know what it takes to get them there, and you do too.

I actually like the idea of a split season, which I think you’ve floated before.

Reactions: smalls103
…The NCAA team champion has always been determined by being the top scoring team at the NCAA Championships which always has the top wrestlers competing at each weight- anything else is just a scheme to earn $$$s for the sponsoring organization…
…any tournament without three of the top five teams absent is just an exhibition….
…but thas jes my opinion and you are entitled to yours… :)

Reactions: Ski
lol.

branding is not the problem. participation is (and always will be).

if psu was in the field and iowa wasn't, what would be your position then?

there wasn't an asterisk at Cadet Worlds b/c Japan wasn't there. There wasn't an asterisk at NCAA's b/c Cornell wasn't there.
No idea what you are talking about. This tournament is like the Virginia Duals. There really isn’t a National Champion named. Just a champion of the “National Duals”.

good way for everyone to get a fixed number of matches instead of just two.

That’s 5 of the top 10, not 8 of the top Ten. It’s just a tournament and a good one at that. Why all the hand wringing?? What exactly am I missing.

Cornell will be top 10 for sure. so 6.

but whatever.

idk what 'hand wringing' you're talking about.

No idea what you are talking about. This tournament is like the Virginia Duals. There really isn’t a National Champion named. Just a champion of the “National Duals”.

good way for everyone to get a fixed number of matches instead of just two.
"Fargo Junior National Championships" - should they change the name if Nick Feldman isn't there?
"NCAA DI National Championships" - should they change the name if Cornell isn't there?

You obviously can define your idea. You are correct in stating if NCAA points were awarded to teams for placement in a seperate and dfferent tournament then Cael would have his team there. That doesn't mean the idea isn't stupid.

Last edited:
You obviously can define your idea. You are correct in stating if NCAA points were awarded to teams for placement in a seperate and idfferent tournament then Cael would have his team there. That doesn't mean the dea isn't stupid.
if they want to have a national duals championship, fine. If they in any way try to tie it to the national championship held in march, not fine. the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IS HELD IN MARCH, PERIOD!!!!!

Is this going to impact Cliff Keen, the scuffle, or midlands? A lot going on around that time.

There’s only one way to pull that off…anybody got a spare million that can be used as prize money? Everybody and their dog would be clamoring to participate

(to be clear, I mean total prize pool, not for the winner)

to be clear - i'm with y'all.

i want a national duals. and i want/wish all the top teams participated.

but in no way, shape or form do i want it to have anything to do with the NCAA team title.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Is this going to impact Cliff Keen, the scuffle, or midlands? A lot going on around that time.
Not much more than the South Beach Duals in the 2019 season. They just weren’t called the National Duals. It just the same thing, different beach, and more teams because some do like the dual tournament format which guarantees the number of matches per wrestler.

Exactly, the biggest problem with Nat Duals is that it is too much action to put on your wrestlers for the top teams (those are the teams who are going to wrestle the most duals - i.e., matches - over a 2-Day period.). This is especially true given the timing near the Holiday Open Tournaments where wrestler's are wrestling multiple matches over a 2-Day period.

Exactly, the biggest problem with Nat Duals is that it is too much action to put on your wrestlers for the top teams (those are the teams who are going to wrestle the most duals - i.e., matches - over a 2-Day period. This is especially true given the timing near the Holiday Open Tournaments where wrestler's are wrestling multiple matches over a 2-Day period.
Pretty sure all teams will wrestle the same number of duals (four).

To many stipulations on who can participate. Why limit the conference participation ? I get coaches don't want to wrestle same guys over and over then don't call it the National Duals. The problem with growing the sport is to many relationships behind the scenes keep it from growing. Coaches need to coach and allow the events to run themselves. At open tournaments the coaches are lobbying left and right we want to be opposite of so and so. We preach this anytime anywhere mentality but then pull this BS

Exactly, the biggest problem with Nat Duals is that it is too much action to put on your wrestlers for the top teams (those are the teams who are going to wrestle the most duals - i.e., matches - over a 2-Day period.). This is especially true given the timing near the Holiday Open Tournaments where wrestler's are wrestling multiple matches over a 2-Day period.
So every wrestler wrestles four matches in this one, but an individual tourney with wrestle backs may wrestle 6 or more. Not sure I follow you CJ.

It is just another tournament. And it has good teams. Years ago the Scuffle….wasn’t a tournament. Then it was. Then it got great. And now it’s average. The Midlands used to be the bomb. Now it isn’t.
Wrestlers and coaches want to do different things and this js just different and probably a fun one.

what kind of nonsense is this?

i'm pretty sure Penn St. and OK State are going to dual. both were in talks about national duals and then said 'no'.

the only two important omissions from the field. (not criticizing...coaches know best)

but i'm almost positive those two schools got something cooking together. idk if that would be at or near the same dates as Natl Duals
This post didn't age well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT