ADVERTISEMENT

National championship boring

Beer at the game? $17 for domestic, $20 for the ‘cool’ beer

No, because the entire college football playoff is boring. And it has made the college football regular season more boring too.
Okay couldn't disagree more...you're going to have to adjust because the playoff is going to 12 and then beyond.

When wasn't it that way? Scholarship limits tried to level the playing field but why wouldn't the best players want to play for the best coaches?

Reactions: hlstone
I already shut it off. They are killing off college football. So does Georgia win again next year or is it Alabama? No one else has a shot anymore.

Only Georgia, Alabama, and Ohio State have the horses and Ohio State doesn't have the coaching to win a championship. So you get either Georgia or Alabama from here on out I suspect.

Goodnight. Sucks because I am so much more into college than pro ball but pro ball has taken over college football.

I already shut it off. They are killing off college football. So does Georgia win again next year or is it Alabama? No one else has a shot anymore.

Only Georgia, Alabama, and Ohio State have the horses and Ohio State doesn't have the coaching to win a championship. So you get either Georgia or Alabama from here on out I suspect.

Goodnight. Sucks because I am so much more into college than pro ball but pro ball has taken over college football.
Other teams need to close the gap. Blame them not those on top.
And, yes, Georgia or Alabama probably wins again next year unless USC surprises everyone.

Coronation for Georgia. Said after the 4th game of the season that Georgia was the best team and everyone was playing for second. Amazing that OSU had a legitimate chance to beat them.

Coronation for Georgia. Said after the 4th game of the season that Georgia was the best team and everyone was playing for second. Amazing that OSU had a legitimate chance to beat them.
After they struggled with Kent State?
I know what you mean though--from the moment they beat Oregon 49-3 is was waiting to see if anyone else could upset them.

Other teams need to close the gap. Blame them not those on top.
And, yes, Georgia or Alabama probably wins again next year unless USC surprises everyone.
Not many schools can afford to close the gap. And the ones that do will have to spend a fortune, and in turn Georgia and Alabama will up their spending, and then the other schools will up their spending. It will be less and less about education but because the schools pretend it is about education they'll still be giving out diplomas. Eventually that will decay the academic brands of the schools and when it happens the schools will protest "Hey, why does everyone think we're an academic joke?" But they're making their choices right now.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
The whole thing is honestly a buncha shit, much like the Hypesman. I didn't even know who won it a week ago. You put up a Tyson-Marvis Frazier fight and expect people to line up for it. Not happening. Take away their internet access and make them watch it. That's the ticket. Take it out of their paycheck.

Not many schools can afford to close the gap. And the ones that do will have to spend a fortune, and in turn Georgia and Alabama will up their spending, and then the other schools will up their spending. It will be less and less about education but because the schools pretend it is about education they'll still be giving out diplomas. Eventually that will decay the academic brands of the schools and when it happens the schools will protest "Hey, why does everyone think we're an academic joke?" But they're making their choices right now.
But wasn't it always that way? Miami under Jimmy Johnson for example
JMO but all schools pretend it's about education. Even at Penn State we're using the football team to support the school and the town. They're providing Penn State with far more than they get with a free education.

Reactions: hlstone
But wasn't it always that way? Miami under Jimmy Johnson for example
JMO but all schools pretend it's about education. Even at Penn State we're using the football team to support the school and the town. They're providing Penn State with far more than they get with a free education.
They were providing Penn State with far more than they get with a free education, but now that they get money I'm not so sure. And if they're still getting more now, that will get rectified in the future.

OTOH, most non-football athletes at Penn State provide Penn State with less than they get with a free education.

Did the Broncos hire somebody yet? That was the big story. Honestly I'll be glad if he's out of the league I thought he was an asshole, like many here but he worked us bad. I won't miss him if he goes.

I truly felt while watching that Michigan losing to TCU was one of the worst losses I have ever seen.
...and so deserved. SCUM can't bring their refs.... SCUM can't win. It's a 40 year tradition.

How about a list of great NFL running backs from SCUM.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24

I'm in no way an Ohio State fan but if the last hit that knocked Marvin Harrison out of the game didn't happen they probably win by 2 tds over Georgia. The bad part is the Big 10 East could have 3 of the top 5 teams in the country next year. We could be 3rd in the division again.

The Big 10 are idiots for playing a 9 game conference schedule and having the imbalanced alignments.

I'm in no way an Ohio State fan but if the last hit that knocked Marvin Harrison out of the game didn't happen they probably win by 2 tds over Georgia. The bad part is the Big 10 East could have 3 of the top 5 teams in the country next year. We could be 3rd in the division again.

The Big 10 are idiots for playing a 9 game conference schedule and having the imbalanced alignments.
No they are corrupt not necessarily idiots... Not really smart corrupt but corrupt no doubt. It's B10 tradition.

It’s all about protecting the toilet bowl game - osu vs um.

ADVERTISEMENT