ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting NC State transfer WR Devin Carter commits to Penn State

Interesting comment by Stubblefield saying that PSU could have had multiple additional 2023 class WR commitments over the summer but intentionally held off taking more WR commit's as they believed back then that they could help the team more so by taking portal WR's rather than more 2023 class high school WR's...........

Last edited:
Interesting comment by Stubblefield saying that PSU could have had multiple additional 2023 class WR commitments over the summer by intentionally held off taking more than 1 WR commit as they believed back then that they could help the team moreso by taking portal WR's rather than more 2023 class high school WR's...........
Huh? Didn't psu have 3 wr commits at one point?

Huh? Didn't psu have 3 wr commits at one point?

I know we had Haynes, who flipped to UGA. I think he fit a specific criteria (*SPEED*) and that's why he wasn't replaced without flipping the #1 kid on our board (forget his name, he stuck with WVU).

Might be another that I'm not remembering. Zion Tracy has position flexibility, but I think he's a CB for now.

People tend to underestimate players redshirting. It's not an end all be all. The WRs I wonder about are Dottin and Meiga. Minimal playing time all year (I don't count STs for Meiga).

Reactions: GregInPitt
I believe that Meiga did not play yesterday...... is this true? If not is it due to injury? Transfer?

I know we had Haynes, who flipped to UGA. I think he fit a specific criteria (*SPEED*) and that's why he wasn't replaced without flipping the #1 kid on our board (forget his name, he stuck with WVU).

Might be another that I'm not remembering. Zion Tracy has position flexibility, but I think he's a CB for now.

People tend to underestimate players redshirting. It's not an end all be all. The WRs I wonder about are Dottin and Meiga. Minimal playing time all year (I don't count STs for Meiga).
Gallagher seemed to be Stubblefield's #1 slot target. We likely will see him in the first game next season as he was obviously a big get for WVU. PSU could be lining up one of WVU's 2022 WR's in Prather for that game, although everything written seems to put low odds on that.

Yep, Dottin and Meiga are names that we will likely hear about one way or the other, staying or leaving, in the coming day/weeks.

I read about their lack of participation in the Rose Bowl but I can't remember what was written. I believe one or the other didn't dress, and one had his arm in a sling ????????

I don't totally discount special teams, but gotta believe that ST's stardom alone may not be worthy of a scholarship to Franklin. But who knows. It is in the NFL if a player is outstanding at it. And Meiga was pretty outstanding this season on ST's. Reminds me of a WR PSU had 4 or 5 years ago that was outstanding on ST's but never did much at WR - big, fast kid, and I saw him in an NFL game this season. Now what was his name..........

Reactions: lazydave841
Gallagher seemed to be Stubblefield's #1 slot target. We likely will see him in the first game next season as he was obviously a big get for WVU. PSU could be lining up one of WVU's 2022 WR's in Prather for that game, although everything written seems to put low odds on that.

Yep, Dottin and Meiga are names that we will likely hear about one way or the other, staying or leaving, in the coming day/weeks.

I read about their lack of participation in the Rose Bowl but I can't remember what was written. I believe one or the other didn't dress, and one had his arm in a sling ????????

I don't totally discount special teams, but gotta believe that ST's stardom alone may not be worthy of a scholarship. But who knows. It is in the NFL if a player is outstanding at it. And Meiga was pretty outstanding this season on ST's.

Meiga is definitely worth his scholarship for his STs prowess. I just wonder if that is enough for him to stay? If he wants WR reps, he could go elsewhere.

I don't totally discount special teams, but gotta believe that ST's stardom alone may not be worthy of a scholarship to Franklin. But who knows. It is in the NFL if a player is outstanding at it. And Meiga was pretty outstanding this season on ST's. Reminds me of a WR PSU had 4 or 5 years ago that was outstanding on ST's but never did much at WR - big, fast kid, and I saw him in an NFL game this season. Now what was his name..........
Irvin Charles?

Huge receiving TD for PSU vs Minnesota in 2016, dynamic on special teams but penalty-prone; bounced around afterwards, ended up at Indiana of PA, now on the Jets roster
Good size and speed -- 6'4" 220#

ADVERTISEMENT