ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA/CBS screwed up the controversial replay last night

psu00

Jan 4, 2010
Head of officials at the game last night, John Adams, just admitted on the radio that the officials did not get the same replay we saw at home when the Duke player knocked the ball out of bounds toward the end of the game. He said that replay did not show on their screen until the officials had already decided and left to go back on the court. He debated on whether he should buzz them back but didn't want to become a point of focus in the game and let it go.

This post was edited on 4/7 12:46 PM by psu00

1) wow, it was a big play 2) I've heard that story before in a different

sport, but it was only OSU VS PSU, and everybody knew OSU would win! (tic)

I don't know why the game officials decide that anyway.

The NFL does the same thing. The tired, sweaty game officials go "under the hood" to view the replay.

They should have a few guys in a room somewhere with a giant, high resolution TV. As soon as a close play happens they can start reviewing it in case it turns out to be a reviewable play, so it would all go quicker.

Instead we have the 2-3 game officials, surrounded by thousands of people and all kinds of noise, bending down to peer into a 10" monitor or whatever trying to see what happened. Seems pretty half-assed to me.

^^BINGO!!

And that is why I hate dook.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Re: I don't know why the game officials decide that anyway.

Yeah, that's pretty much what Brando said should be done. He talked about how it takes too long, there's a small monitor, and officials making the decision often bend over backwards to try not to reverse themselves and play the indisputable evidence game. The official said he was told by the NCAA this would never happen, but it did last night. He was very honest and forthright.

Gracious as ever, GLOV

I keep hoping for some sign of intelligent life in your posts, but not yet....

SCOREBOARD

Originally posted by psu00:
Head of officials at the game last night, John Adams, just admitted on the radio that the officials did not get the same replay we saw at home when the Duke player knocked the ball out of bounds toward the end of the game. He said that replay did not show on their screen until the officials had already decided and left to go back on the court. He debated on whether he should buzz them back but didn't want to become a point of focus in the game and let it go.

This post was edited on 4/7 12:46 PM by psu00
And so exactly what he did not want to happen, happened anyway....it was a point of focus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT