ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA WVB - 13 Of Top 16 Advance To Sweet Sixteen!

ILLINOISLION

May 29, 2001
Leaving early:

# 8 Stanford
#10 Texas A&M
#15 Louisville

PSU gets Hawaii next (who knocked out Texas A&M).

They would then next get the winner of #2 Minny - Illinois (who knocked out Louisville).

Not surprised by Stanford exit. Among the big match ups I saw this year at Rec Hall, Stanford was the least impressive and Minnesota was the most impressive. Still hoping our girls will catch fire, but something seems to be missing. Very talented, but the early season issues closing out matches, particularly 3rd set woes, were a harbinger. But Hawaii should be a good Sweet 16 matchup. After that, they could get on a roll.

Not surprised by Stanford exit. Among the big match ups I saw this year at Rec Hall, Stanford was the least impressive and Minnesota was the most impressive. Still hoping our girls will catch fire, but something seems to be missing. Very talented, but the early season issues closing out matches, particularly 3rd set woes, were a harbinger. But Hawaii should be a good Sweet 16 matchup. After that, they could get on a roll.

It is hard to look ahead and project that they could beat Hawaii, Minny, Washington/Nebraska and then USC/Texas, but you only have to play one at a time.

In a perfect world, Washington would knock out Nebraska in the regionals and we would win our regional and get to the final 4.

If PSU, whom most of the WVB world has written off gets to the final 4, I think we would have a psychological advantage

Leaving early:

# 8 Stanford
#10 Texas A&M
#15 Louisville

They would then next get the winner of #2 Minny - Illinois (who knocked out Louisville).
Does anyone know what happened to Holcomb at Libero? Kendall is vastly improved, but I did not even see Holcomb on the bench. Also, any insight on why Lee barely played this weekend?

Leaving early:

# 8 Stanford
#10 Texas A&M
#15 Louisville

Stanford has taken a slide.

Such a dominate program for so long.

Hope the Nittany Lions can continue to reload. Seems we could use some taller hitters and some better setters.

Does anyone know what happened to Holcomb at Libero? Kendall is vastly improved, but I did not even see Holcomb on the bench. Also, any insight on why Lee barely played this weekend?
Nothing happened to Holcomb. She wasn't playing all the well so Russ decided to shake things up. Can't answer why you didn't see her on the bench but she was there and played some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT