ADVERTISEMENT

ND is going to be pressed to be in this playoff system

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
league champs trump everything - we saw that last year and again today. with Power 5 only 4 can get in - how will there ever be room for the Irish? I don't really care that this hurts ND vs the old BCS system that actually gave them a pass. still don't you think ND will have to find their way into a league? I can see them approaching PSU to join the ACC as a package. that might also draw WVU and Maryland back into the ACC.

ND other option would be the BIG - but not sure I see that happening.

ND had two losses. Undefeated, they're in. One loss, good chance they're in. Conference championships didn't trump records this year.

ND had two losses. Undefeated, they're in. One loss, good chance they're in. Conference championships didn't trump records this year.

if ND had beaten Stanford, would they have found a way to be in? that would be incredible if so.

league champs trump everything - we saw that last year and again today. with Power 5 only 4 can get in - how will there ever be room for the Irish? I don't really care that this hurts ND vs the old BCS system that actually gave them a pass. still don't you think ND will have to find their way into a league? I can see them approaching PSU to join the ACC as a package. that might also draw WVU and Maryland back into the ACC.

Will eventually go to 8 teams.

if ND had beaten Stanford, would they have found a way to be in? that would be incredible if so.

Maybe. Why "incredible?" Had they beaten Stanford, their only loss would have been a two-pointer to the number one ranked team.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Will eventually go to 8 teams.

Wouldn't be so sure. Went to four because ESPN put up a lot of cash. Ratings were great, but they'll have to be sustained before the checkbook gets opened again.

Oklahoma made it in, no Championship game. ND should have no problem, unfortunately. They just gotta do it the old fashioned way, win all or if you lose 1, make sure its early in season.

As the only parochial school boy in America to root for navy against ND since the 1940's I may have to root for them just once. Go Irish

ND will lose its bowl game like always . They have no right to be in any playoff.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT