ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska #25 makes a perfect, clean tackle....

I'm actually rooting against Nebby but that was a horrible call....both on the field and the replay review.

I just saw that also. Unbelievable. Incompetent officiating on the field for calling the targeting penalty in the first place complemented by incompetent officiating in the booth for not overturning the call.

I was flipping out! That was a terrible call! But then I remembered a few years ago when we clearly had a TD against Nebraska and the announcers(including Spielman) said it was a TD. They reviewed it for awhile and said the play stood that it was NOT a TD. I would have enjoyed it if Pellini was still the coach, but I am rooting for Nebraska.

and gets ejected, even after review.
Did you see the look on the official in the background...as they were announcing that the UNL kid was ejected?

Even he couldn't believe it.

FWIW, that same kid got tossed from the UNL-Iowa game (UNL's last regular season game) on a BS call - both he and the intended receiver were going down low for a poorly thrown ball, attempting to get to the ball, their helmets collided, and the kid - #25 - got tossed from that game.

Shameful.

then there was the obvious facemask against ucla (leading to an armstrong fumble a second later) that went uncalled... the announcers were not pleased there, either.

do these refs get their jobs from the back of comic books or do they just pay someone off?

the reffing gets worse as each year passes.. when you'd reasonably expect it to improve.

actually, no, they don't.

when you take an exceptional player OUT of the game... unless they reciprocate and take one from the other team, you've placed a team at a huge disadvantage.

Bell was obviously using sarcasm.....!

Did you see the look on the official in the background...as they were announcing that the UNL kid was ejected?

Even he couldn't believe it.

FWIW, that same kid got tossed from the UNL-Iowa game (UNL's last regular season game) on a BS call - both he and the intended receiver were going down low for a poorly thrown ball, attempting to get to the ball, their helmets collided, and the kid - #25 - got tossed from that game.

Shameful.
That poor kid must be wondering what he can do to play good football, and still be within the rules.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT