ADVERTISEMENT

Never realized that Navy - Marine Corps Memorial Stadium was in Ocean City, MD until yesterday

Franklin_Restores_TheTradition

Oct 25, 2015
You learn something new every day.... I wonder if the National Championship will be determined tomorrow spoiling the BCS's New Year's Eve party - would be a real shame after all that advertising the BCS has been doing regarding "What are you doing New Year's Eve?", but 150 consecutive championships would be a he!! of an accomplishment (heck, they might even still get it even if they lose, but it's a done deal with a "doozie" of a win). Rumor has it that college football fans far and wide are just flooding into and over-running Ocean City for the game. Why they choose to play it on a non-holiday, workday Monday at 2:30 in the afternoon is a bit baffling, but isn't that just college football for 'ya?!?!

It's the caliber of bowl that pitt merits. Played during the afternoon of a work day against a service academy team. Nobody will watch. Nobody cares. Few will attend.

This game will do wonders for their recruiting! NOT.

Yeah...that December wind whipping in off the ocean can be a real bitch.

It's the caliber of bowl that pitt merits. Played during the afternoon of a work day against a service academy team. Nobody will watch. Nobody cares. Few will attend.

Are you saying you think the streak ends at 149? Bold call sir, bold call.

You learn something new every day.... I wonder if the National Championship will be determined tomorrow spoiling the BCS's New Year's Eve party - would be a real shame after all that advertising the BCS has been doing regarding "What are you doing New Year's Eve?", but 150 consecutive championships would be a he!! of an accomplishment (heck, they might even still get it even if they lose, but it's a done deal with a "doozie" of a win). Rumor has it that college football fans far and wide are just flooding into and over-running Ocean City for the game. Why they choose to play it on a non-holiday, workday Monday at 2:30 in the afternoon is a bit baffling, but isn't that just college football for 'ya?!?!
Am I missing something? It's in Annapolis.

"nobody will watch". "nobody cares" Bet everyone on this thread will watch -and care.

You're a little off. The stadium is not in Ocean CITY MD., it's located in Annapolis, MD. and is in fact Navy's home stadium. I have been to OCMD often and my son lives up the coast in Lewes, DE. and could not recall any large stadium there. You could stay in OC for the game, but you have to cross the Chesapeake Bay bridge to get to the stadium and that bridge is often closed for bad weather in the winter.

You're a little off. The stadium is not in Ocean CITY MD., it's located in Annapolis, MD. and is in fact Navy's home stadium. I have been to OCMD often and my son lives up the coast in Lewes, DE. and could not recall any large stadium there. You could stay in OC for the game, but you have to cross the Chesapeake Bay bridge to get to the stadium and that bridge is often closed for bad weather in the winter.

You're $hitting me?!?! Next thing you know, you're going to tell me that ASWP isn't playing for their 150th consecutive National Championship either!

Reactions: simons96
no no no, that just a big parking lot so the 4th year guys have some place to park their new Lambo's, check them out here

It's an awful place where drug and medical debris have washed up. I hope mbe goes wading. 43 names gone.
I vacation at DelMarVa every year, my son lives in Lewes, DE, and I can tell you that the Delaware-Maryland beaches are clean and healthy. If you're looking for drug and medical waste, you have to go north to Jersey and New York beaches. The only problems you have in DelMarVa are the stones in the surf at Rehoboth Beach. But I do agree with you that if MBE ventures into the ocean and encounters medical waste or (we can only hope) a Tiger or Hammerhead shark or two, I wouldn't shed any tears.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
The game is not in Ocean City, MD, it is in Annapolis which is Navy's home stadium.

Pics are coming in from Annapolis...

beautiful_beach_04_wallpaper.jpg

beach-wallpaper-image-picture-hd-1.jpg

forever-alone-beach-edition-fat-guy-sunscreen.jpg

Pics are coming in from Annapolis...

beautiful_beach_04_wallpaper.jpg

beach-wallpaper-image-picture-hd-1.jpg

forever-alone-beach-edition-fat-guy-sunscreen.jpg

Yes, I'm sure the winds are whipping as they prepare to go for 150 in a row.... Winds can be very difficult to deal with when you're attempting to do your Defending National Champion Synchronized Dance Routine before the start of the 4th Quarter. Don't underestimate ASWP's tenacity and focus on their Choreographed Dance Routine - they haven't won 150 Synchronized Between-Quarters Dance Routines Championships for nothing, you know?

I'll

This game will do wanders for their recruiting! NOT.

I'm watching. Navy is an exciting team with a great QB. Attendance should be good given the multitudes of military in the Dc area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT