ADVERTISEMENT

New RB offer, impressive highlights, top end speed.

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
Peyton Lewis, another diamond in the rough, somewhere in VA. That he has only five offers so far is mind-boggling. He is going to blow up in the next month.

He has already run the 55 meter (60 yards and change) this winter, with times ranging from 6.40-6.47 seconds, and logged 100 meter times last spring of 10.62 and 10.84 seconds. I imagine that he will continue racking elite times the rest of this track and field year.

He looks every bit of his reported 6'1", 190 lbs, runs with power, serious top end speed, and some elusiveness. The video is basically a TD highlight film running and returning kickoffs and punts. I'd love to land him and Quinton Martin as the RBs for the 2024 class.

Warning: no defensive highlights.

The 64 yard TD run really showcased his speed. When he busted through the middle he just accelerated past everybody. But that’s against high school competition but his speed was still VERY noticeable nonetheless.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Peyton Lewis, another diamond in the rough, somewhere in VA. That he has only five offers so far is mind-boggling. He is going to blow up in the next month.
He looks every bit of his reported 6'1", 190 lbs, runs with power, serious top end speed, and some elusiveness. The video is basically a TD highlight film running and returning kickoffs and punts. I'd love to land him and Quinton Martin as the RBs for the 2024 class.

I agree with you on getting those two as the 2023 class RB's would be almost ideal.

But some how we need to keep those here that believe Martin will be a 250 lb DE by next December's signing date away from Belle Vernon High Schools training table advisory committee......

The 64 yard TD run really showcased his speed. When he busted through the middle he just accelerated past everybody. But that’s against high school competition but his speed was still VERY noticeable nonetheless.
When you consider that Saquon's best 100 meter time in 2015 was 11.28, Peyton's times are very impressive from a track point of view. That being said, Saquon got much faster, was beastly strong, and had rare jukes. I don't think the young man is the second coming of Treveyon Henderson, but I do think he has a bright future as a RB, making up with speed and power what he may not have in ankle breaking moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: bourbon n blues
Salem is a fairly strong school in football. They don't play the level of competition Rojas did in VA, but they are in that next tier just below. Those kids are usually Tech bound if they get D1 interest, but I think this kid is the one who grew up watching Saquon in middle school and gushed over the offer.

Salem is a fairly strong school in football. They don't play the level of competition Rojas did in VA, but they are in that next tier just below. Those kids are usually Tech bound if they get D1 interest, but I think this kid is the one who grew up watching Saquon in middle school and gushed over the offer.
All the VA schools have offered so far, along with PSU. I hope he was watching the Eagles-Giants game yesterday.

He has already run the 55 meter (60 yards and change) this winter, with times ranging from 6.40-6.47 seconds, and logged 100 meter times last spring of 10.62 and 10.84 seconds. I imagine that he will continue racking elite times the rest of this track and field year.

Looks like a “very fast” Tony Hunt. kid will only get better.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Could bike to Blacksburg. We’ll it would be tough ride up the mountain but less than an hour

Spent 20 months in the late 1980's (M-F) at GE Drive Systems whose address is Salem, VA, and we used to go to the small town/shopping center of center Salem for lunch a good bit. There wasn't much there, only one for it's day semi-trendy bar/restaurant so there wasn't much choice. Edit: Just remembered that the name of the place was "Mac and Bob's".

Pretty small, older town that would seem to have relatively small school enrollment. It's kind of like a "suburb" of Roanoke, which itself is not much of a "city".

Loved his highlights. Relatively large RB. Sturdy build, big butt and legs. And although it is "highlights" he sure did come out of groups of defenders a great many times - great feet and breaks any weak tackles.

Would love to see Seider pair this young man with Martin in the 2024 class.

Roanoke area has some great scenery. the Appalachian Trail runs through this area and there are some great views on it, including the 5 mile hike out to MacAfee's Knob which is a rock outcrop that looks over the whole Roanoke valley.

Last edited:
It always come down to the kids choice. Most want to stay home and star. If he wants to get away then we’ll find out

It always come down to the kids choice. Most want to stay home and star. If he wants to get away then we’ll find out
Yep, but Franklin and his staff have a history of bringing top VA players to White Out's and then to productive careers at PSU.

He could be the next DJ Dozier, but he'd likely have to do some research to figure out who that was/is.... :oops:

Spent 20 months in the late 1980's (M-F) at GE Drive Systems whose address is Salem, VA, and we used to go to the small town/shopping center of center Salem for lunch a good bit. There wasn't much there, only one for it's day semi-trendy bar/restaurant so there wasn't much choice. Edit: Just remembered that the name of the place was "Mac and Bob's".

Pretty small, older town that would seem to have relatively small school enrollment. It's kind of like a "suburb" of Roanoke, which itself is not much of a "city".

Loved his highlights. Relatively large RB. Sturdy build, big butt and legs. And although it is "highlights" he sure did come out of groups of defenders a great many times - great feed and breaks any weak tackles.

ld land these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT