New York AG sues Trump Organization & Trump family members

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Long overdue action here. She is seeking over $250 million in damages, due to widespread fraud by the defendants in "grossly overvaluing" properties for years. (How shocking.) She has sued not just the Trump Organization, but Cheeto, Cheeto, Jr., Eric, and Ivanka. (No Jared?!) Here's the link:

I loved the following excerpt from the linked article:

"James said that Trump had falsely claimed that his apartment in Manhattan was more than triple its actual size as part of the fraud."

Wait, wut? Cheeto claiming something of his was way bigger than its actual size?

trump_small_hands.jpg

Last edited:

onetime1

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
What a joke! hope you called your bank last week to tell them your net worth went down because of the down turn in the market.

Reactions: Hotshoe

DandyDonII

Oct 16, 2002
I wonder how often the AG sues based on this type of behavior (I expect most corporations engage in it). If this is what the AG does on a usual basis, then by all means, sue his ass. However, if this is a one off, it sets a very dangerous precedent (could care less about Trump himself). Reminiscent of Rome, everyone of those Senators were abusing their positions of authority, but once you were no longer in power, you became the prosecuted (think of Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon)....

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
The NY AG ran for her office on one issue: I will get Trump.

Please eliminate Trump from that sentence. How many of you feel comfortable with that campaign slogan (Insert name of your favorite politician first)? This is a non legal question based on your perception of equal justice.

mijowe

Aug 6, 2021

Please eliminate Trump from that sentence. How many of you feel comfortable with that campaign slogan (Insert name of your favorite politician first)? This is a non legal question based on your perception of equal justice.
“Lock her up!”

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
How many lawsuits or criminal investigations have Trump a target?
  • NY AG lawsuit filed today over business fraud
  • Jan 6 investigation
  • Stealing classified documents and subsequently lying to the feds, ignoring a subpoena and recklessness with classified documents
  • Georgia election interference
  • False slates of electoral college electors
  • Mary Trump's suit over Fred C. Trumps will/inheritance
  • Defamation suit by E. Jean Carrol
  • And many, many others https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_involving_Donald_Trump
There is an old saying, where there's is smoke, there's fire. Orange Jesus is guilty as hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catch50 and 2lion70

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
I wonder how often the AG sues based on this type of behavior (I expect most corporations engage in it). If this is what the AG does on a usual basis, then by all means, sue his ass. However, if this is a one off, it sets a very dangerous precedent (could care less about Trump himself). Reminiscent of Rome, everyone of those Senators were abusing their positions of authority, but once you were no longer in power, you became the prosecuted (think of Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon)....
No, your assumption just makes you look like an ass. Most people and corporations are honest and above board. Criminals engage in illegal activity. The vast majority of companies engage Accounting firms to audit their books and sign off on the related financial statements prepared using GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). The Trump financials were never audited and prepared by the Trump Organization, but relied upon by lenders, tax, and insurance organizations. There was at least a 10 year record of falsified financial and related tax returns.
DJT is a known liar, cheat, and adulterer and his being a sleazeball in business only reaffirms that major flaw in his character.

Reactions: fbh1

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
The referrals to the DOJ and IRS are important because they can bring felony charges using the work done by the NY AG. Those felonies include mandatory prison time in addition to monetary fines.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014
No, your assumption just makes you look like an ass. Most people and corporations are honest and above board. Criminals engage in illegal activity. The vast majority of companies engage Accounting firms to audit their books and sign off on the related financial statements prepared using GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). The Trump financials were never audited and prepared by the Trump Organization, but relied upon by lenders, tax, and insurance organizations. There was at least a 10 year record of falsified financial and related tax returns.
DJT is a known liar, cheat, and adulterer and his being a sleazeball in business only reaffirms that major flaw in his character.
I mean, there was an auditor (Mazars), but go ahead and they were "never audited".

Reactions: Fayette_LION

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
I mean, there was an auditor (Mazars), but go ahead and they were "never audited".
The financials were never audited and was highlighted in the NY AG presentation. The Trump Organization has never been a public entity - a privately held one - which means their financials do not need to be audited. If they were a public company, they would also need t file both 10Q and 10Kreports with the SEC.

Last edited:

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014
The financials were never audited and was highlighted in the NY AG presentation. The Trump Organization has never been a public entity - a privately help one - which means their financials do not need to be audited. If they were a public company, they would also need t file both 10Q and 10Kreports with the SEC.
Do you actually think even know what you're talking about?

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
The financials were never audited and was highlighted in the NY AG presentation. The Trump Organization has never been a public entity - a privately help one - which means their financials do not need to be audited. If they were a public company, they would also need t file both 10Q and 10Kreports with the SEC.
Their accuracy was attested to by the CFO and Principal Officer DJT. that makes them both legally responsible for their accuracy and if they were relied on by other they have a legal liability.
I have been a CFO and had to sign 10Q, 10K, Financial Statements, Tax Returns - all of which exposed me to legal liability if they were in error. Monetary and prison time type liabilities.

onetime1

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
  • Jan 6 investigation
  • Stealing classified documents and subsequently lying to the feds, ignoring a subpoena and recklessness with classified documents
  • And many, many others https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_involving_Donald_Trump
There is an old saying, where there's is smoke, there's fire. Orange Jesus is guilty as hell.
Thank you Hunter Biden

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
  • Jan 6 investigation

There hasn't even been a spark yet, just a bunch of desperate lefties rubbing sticks together.

meanmiJ01

Jan 2, 2003
Who was wronged in this? The state? He over inflated so property taxes would then be higher right? Will they return all the excess tax? The banks that he was loaned money from? Did he repay the loan? So what. The TDS is so strong in the left. Keep it going you are all f’n crazy!!

junior1

May 29, 2001
Long overdue action here. She is seeking over $250 million in damages, due to widespread fraud by the defendants in "grossly overvaluing" properties for years. (How shocking.) She has sued not just the Trump Organization, but Cheeto, Cheeto, Jr., Eric, and Ivanka. (No Jared?!) Here's the link:

"James said that Trump had falsely claimed that his apartment in Manhattan was more than triple its actual size as part of the fraud."

Wait, wut?" Cheeto claiming something of his was way bigger than its actual size?

trump_small_hands.jpg
You’re not surprised by this I hope. James has said she was going to sue trump even before the investigation began

Reactions: jjw165

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
There is no one that cheated as big and as much as Trump. Laws don't apply to him and his family in his mind. He wanted to pay a settlement so he‘s guilty.

Reactions: 2lion70

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Who was wronged in this? The state? He over inflated so property taxes would then be higher right? Will they return all the excess tax? The banks that he was loaned money from? Did he repay the loan? So what. The TDS is so strong in the left. Keep it going you are all f’n crazy!!
You need to read the 222 pages of complaint to understand how values were adjusted to meet the need at the time. Building/property A would be valued very high when looking to borrow from a bank. That same Property A would then be valued very low for filing taxes - reducing tax liability. Both the CFO and DJT took the 5th when asked about asset values and appraisals under oath. They both signed legal docs many times with falsified values which is a financial fraud.

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004

The real question is did Trump break the law? They wouldn’t sue him if they don’t think they have a strong case. They are trying to drive him out of NYC.

Reactions: 2lion70

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Experts agree:
Raw Story
Raw Story

'They’re screwed': Legal experts erupt after NY AG hits Trump and his family with massive fraud lawsuit​

The New York attorney general on Wednesday accused Donald Trump and his family members of lying to lenders and insurers about assets under the real estate holdings of the Trump Organization.

Letitia James said that with the help of his children and others at the Trump organization, the former president gave fraudulent statements of his net worth "to obtain and satisfy loans, get insurance benefits, and pay lower taxes."

"Claiming money you do not have does not amount to the Art of the Deal, it's the Art of the Steal," James said at one point.

"That's gonna hurt, Donny," snarked legal analyst Marcy Wheeler. "I really can't understand how this fella was such an easy mark for Vladimir Putin."

IN OTHER NEWS: 'A sham built on lies': CNN's John King delivers blunt summary of NY AG's accusations against Trump

Harry Litman, a former U.S. attorney and deputy assistant attorney general, agreed, noting " Trumpland is no doubt spittin' mad!"

He also said that Trump has tried to settle with New York, but the attorney general rebuffed him. "She really holds all the cards at this point. Trumps can't go to trial. They will need to appeal to her sense of tempered justice."

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004

“Trump could kill 50 on our side and it wouldn’t matter,” Graham flatly told journalists Susan Glasser and Peter Baker, they recount in “The Divider: Trump in the White House, 2017-2021,” an advance copy of which was obtained by The Independent.

Trump Posters would claim Trump is being picked on even if he killed 50 supporters.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012

This is pathetic. Anyone that supports this nonsense has zero honor.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
So now that the illegal FBI raid has come and gone without anything sticking, this is the next item on the agenda to try to get Trump?

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001

Wait, wut?" Cheeto claiming something of his was way bigger than its actual size?

trump_small_hands.jpg
so what are the damages here? That Trump had to pay too much in real estate taxes? or, maybe the banks lent him too much money but, to my knowledge, banks don't really care about what you SAY your stuff is worth; they validate it themselves.

A property is only worth what someone says it is. My wife just defeated a local community where they valued a property at 30% more than what she paid for it just a few months before. They did so because it was "on the market for $xxx" but she bought it for 30% less than the asking price.

I am having a hard time understanding what laws were broken or how NY may have been harmed.

Just another case where the democrats are killing our criminal justice system with frivolous lawsuits while letting guys who threaten to split an innocent woman's head apart with an ax go. I hope Americans are paying attention to how the democrats are ruining America by not equally enforcing the laws. It isn't white rural Americans that threaten our democracy, it is the Democratic party

Only in the Democrat's America.

Last edited:

bdgan

May 29, 2008

trump_small_hands.jpg
James should be disbarred!

She campaigned on taking down Trump. It was a Vote for me and I'll find something on Trump. She did thus while repeatedly calling Trump an illegitimate president. Talk about an election denier!

Did Trump overstate the value of his properties? I have no idea but I know two things. One is that the bank has an obligation to do it's own due diligence. The other is that the bank was paid back with interest. So who's the victim here?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
so what are the damages here? That Trump had to pay too much in real estate taxes? or, maybe the banks lent him too much money but, to my knowledge, banks don't really care about what you SAY your stuff is worth; they validate it themselves.

A property is only worth what someone says it is. My wife just defeated a local community where they valued a property at 30% more than what she paid for it just a few months before. They did so because it was "on the market for $xxx" but she bought it for 30% less than the asking price.

I am having a hard time understanding what laws were broken or how NY may have been harmed.

Just another case where the democrats are killing our criminal justice system with frivolous lawsuits while letting guys who threaten to split an innocent woman's head apart with an ax go. I hope Americans are paying attention to how the democrats are ruining America by not equally enforcing the laws. It isn't white rural Americans that threaten our democracy, it is the Democratic party

With a three year investigation these charges are a sad joke.

No wonder the former attorneys working on it quit.

LdN

Reactions: jjw165 and bdgan

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020

trump_small_hands.jpg
The best part is the referral to the AG for probable crimes/ first nail in Orange Jesus’s cross. Great day for America!

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012

Long overdue actions. Lmao. Like Laughingstock has a fking clue about any of this. Even Barr thinks this a joke. But hey, Mr. Probate knows.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
James should be disbarred!

She campaigned on taking down Trump. It was a Vote for me and I'll find something on Trump. She did thus while repeatedly calling Trump an illegitimate president. Talk about an election denier!

Did Trump overstate the value of his properties? I have no idea but I know two things. One is that the bank has an obligation to do it's own due diligence. The other is that the bank was paid back with interest. So who's the victim here?
You sound like you are really upset. You will need to get ahold of yourself/ this is just the beginning of many bad days for Trumpy and the cult. I love how you people claim the everyone is against the POS instead of actually being adults and admit that your God is biggest criminal in American political history. Great day for America!

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

Latest posts