ADVERTISEMENT

Next up, Michigan! and a couple thoughts

I watched the OTT match and Kerk can hang in neutral, but Parris just wrecked Orndorff from the top position.

Given how ugly it was last time they wrestled, I think Parris wins a much closer match this time. Something like 6-4, with two takedowns to one for Kerk, and a riding time point.

I watched the OTT match and Kerk can hang in neutral, but Parris just wrecked Orndorff from the top position.

Given how ugly it was last time they wrestled, I think Parris wins a much closer match this time. Something like 6-4, with two takedowns to one for Kerk, and a riding time point.
Certainly reasonable . . . and I am admittedly influenced by my enthusiasm.

Parris pinned Orndorff by securing the bottom leg turk during the takedown. While Parris is very good at that, Kerk is likely sound enough and agile enough to not get in that situation.

Parris pinned Orndorff by securing the bottom leg turk during the takedown. While Parris is very good at that, Kerk is likely sound enough and agile enough to not get in that situation.

True. But he could also get brutalized on bottom for four minutes, too. Hard to score points when you’re catching a cross face every fifteen seconds.

I may regret this later but, is there an active Michigan wrestling forum out there?
giphy.gif

I know I'll be in the minority here, but I think there is a better chance A. Nick Lee loses to Micic than B. Kerk beating Parris.

The reasoning is I have no clue how healthy Nick is nor how much he's been able to train. Combine that with the fact the last time I saw Nick face Stevan it wasn't pretty. Yes, I know there are many potential holes in that reasoning and it's NOT what I want to happen.

On the other side, I can see Kerk closing the gap a bit, but I just really believe in Mason. I think he's in a class by himself above everyone else. Unfortunately for him, Gable S. is in another whole class above that.

That said, if Nick is healthy and close to 100%, I like his chances. He's been good about getting revenge on those that have beaten him in the past (folk or free) and Micic and Andrew Alirez are next in line.

I know I'll be in the minority here, but I think there is a better chance A. Nick Lee loses to Micic than B. Kerk beating Parris.

The reasoning is I have no clue how healthy Nick is nor how much he's been able to train. Combine that with the fact the last time I saw Nick face Stevan it wasn't pretty. Yes, I know there are many potential holes in that reasoning and it's NOT what I want to happen.

On the other side, I can see Kerk closing the gap a bit, but I just really believe in Mason. I think he's in a class by himself above everyone else. Unfortunately for him, Gable S. is in another whole class above that.

That said, if Nick is healthy and close to 100%, I like his chances. He's been good about getting revenge on those that have beaten him in the past (folk or free) and Micic and Andrew Alirez are next in line.
Bruh - the last time Nick wrestled Stevan was when Stevan was a senior in high school and we know how long ago that was.

I don't think Nick has been hurt but more sick (he looked great against Maryland then went MIA). Sounds like he's been restricted from competing so it's probably COVID. But if it's the Omicron variant, he probably is fine already but this is all speculation.

Do you have info we don't dunk. The Wrestling Club has busload of people heading to Ann Arbor who will be real disappointed if there is no dual.
Corby said (Tweeter thread) a major dual is canceled. He's not saying who.

I'm guessing VA Tech and NC State, since NC State added an "in state" match on Sunday.

Bruh - the last time Nick wrestled Stevan was when Stevan was a senior in high school and we know how long ago that was.

I don't think Nick has been hurt but more sick (he looked great against Maryland then went MIA). Sounds like he's been restricted from competing so it's probably COVID. But if it's the Omicron variant, he probably is fine already but this is all speculation.

I know exactly how long ago it was, I watched the match live. Stevan has had great success both in college and international. I was the same way when Nick wrestled Chad Red the first time. I always hope for the same kind of results, but wait until it happens.

The possibility of Nick being sick is what concerns me. Beating Micic will be tough regardless and if Nick isn't at his best, anything can happen. Being sick, even if a sinus infection could affect a wrestler's stamina as could not working out for a week to 10 days. I don't know what Nick's status/health is. Hence the conjecture.

There's an active disinformation campaign to keep all guessing. That, or a lot BSers. 😉
The information I get is usually spot on. I know a few people that are very close with the program. Have they been wrong before, absolutely. But I will give them credit, none of them have ever been totally wrong, just a few minor details that I was told have differed from when the news came out "officially". I'm not claiming to know everything that goes on within the program, I try to ask minimal questions and not wear out my welcome. I speak with them often, and more times than not the team comes up in conversation. I just get quiet, listen, and take mental notes. I'm not telling you this to say that I'm always right so what you're hearing has to be wrong. I just mean that I trust the information that has been passed on to me, but this is how the rumor mill gets started.

I know exactly how long ago it was, I watched the match live. Stevan has had great success both in college and international. I was the same way when Nick wrestled Chad Red the first time. I always hope for the same kind of results, but wait until it happens.

The possibility of Nick being sick is what concerns me. Beating Micic will be tough regardless and if Nick isn't at his best, anything can happen. Being sick, even if a sinus infection could affect a wrestler's stamina as could not working out for a week to 10 days. I don't know what Nick's status/health is. Hence the conjecture.
Conjecture. Now that's the word of the week. I like it

Just an opinionI
I meant from a "wait... what was that?" confusing perspective. You're saying there's a better chance that we lose at one weight than we win at another. I get it but I thought it was a little Jedi mind trickish. Or maybe I'm just dumb.

Important matches in the dual to me are 149 Mattin has looked good and 165 is Amine gonna go Michigan needs those 2 to have a chance . Michigan is favored at 125 157 Hwt. Penn st favored at 133 141 174 184 197. This could be a 5-5 dual that comes down to bonus. Or a 7-3 dual.

Important matches in the dual to me are 149 Mattin has looked good and 165 is Amine gonna go Michigan needs those 2 to have a chance . Michigan is favored at 125 157 Hwt. Penn st favored at 133 141 174 184 197. This could be a 5-5 dual that comes down to bonus. Or a 7-3 dual.
yep, thats exactly how my son and I talked through it this morning.

We have baseball practice so wont be able to watch live.

So......... could you guys keep from posting results until I get home?

What are the tiebreaker criteria for a dual?

Victories, falls/forfeits/DQs, match points from decisions/MDs/TFs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT