ADVERTISEMENT

NFL coach penciled in as Ohio St head coach after Day is fired next year

Jesus, what's with your obsession with OSU? If you had a clue, you'd know that Vrabel will never be a CF coach as he hates - and won't - kiss HS recruits' butts
There are a number of these articles already circulating. I also posted an article about a Nebraska coach. These are all relevant to PSU since we are in the big 10 for the foreseeable future.

What total bullshit. Ryan Day will not be fired, doesn't deserve to be fired, and is one of the top coaches in the country.

My God man, where is your mind? His record at Ohio State is 45-5, 90.0%. Despite the back to back losses to UM, he's still 3-2 against them.

What total bullshit. Ryan Day will not be fired, doesn't deserve to be fired, and is one of the top coaches in the country.

My God man, where is your mind? His record at Ohio State is 45-5, 90.0%. Despite the back to back losses to UM, he's still 3-2 against them.
It's not my mind. I didn't write this or the several other articles about this that are currently circulating. A quick search would yield a sample.

As for my thoughts on the topic, I think they would be nuts to run a coach out just for falling 3 straight years to Michigan. But they literally are buck nuts, so....anything is possible. If Michigan curb stomps them a 3rd straight year, the natives will be more than restless. Heads will roll be it the head guy or whomever they can can.

OSU fans insist...."we deserve better."

Vrabel doesn’t seem able to deal with asshole 18 year old kids who think they are hot crap. Seems like he’s an NFL guy who coaches men.

If I were him the last thing I’d want to do is have to suck up to a bunch of kids, and have idiots saying I should be fired after going 45-5.

As good as OSU is, they still have two national titles this century, and really only 2 in the “modern era” of CFB which began circa 1970. They are arguably performing much better than their 50 year historical mean with Day in charge.

Almost every team but OSU has had that sucky era , think of current teams like Nebraska, Tennessee, Michigan, PSU. It either angers or humbles a fan base.

It’s the Bo Schembechler effect. If you can’t beat your rival your fired. The rule only applies to Michigan and OSU.

The last sentence is the problem with your post. No recruit knows who their coach will be if they keep their commitment. No kid in the country can be sure. See Lincoln Riley going to USC.

You're constant attempts to dismiss Ohio State as an elite program or that Michigan has surpassed them is ridiculous. Also, did you read the "article"?

Ohio State is elite, Michigan is close to elite and we need to get there.

Vrabel doesn’t seem able to deal with asshole 18 year old kids who think they are hot crap. Seems like he’s an NFL guy who coaches men.
Luke Fickell is a good friend of Vrabel and they played together on some of those mid-late 1990 OSU DLs and said awhile back that Vrabel just doesn't have CF DNA - and left it there.

In short, people that know Vrabel will tell you that he would fail miserably in recruiting because he just won't kiss anyone's ass - let alone some 17-year old kids and their parents. If you've ever listened to him talk and watch his actions on the Titans' sideline, you should come across with him being one tough SOB

Reactions: diontechristmas

If I were him the last thing I’d want to do is have to suck up to a bunch of kids, and have idiots saying I should be fired after going 45-5.

As good as OSU is, they still have two national titles this century, and really only 2 in the “modern era” of CFB which began circa 1970. They are arguably performing much better than their 50 year historical mean with Day in charge.
Yeah OSU is not Alabama, thank God.

Reactions: diontechristmas
Almost every team but OSU has had that sucky era , think of current teams like Nebraska, Tennessee, Michigan, PSU. It either angers or humbles a fan base.

What about Texas? Sarkisian is 9-9 in BIG 12 conference play over 2 years. They are not happy in Austin. Also, Oklahoma alums are not happy with Brent Venables who will be on the hot seat next year.

What about Texas? Sarkisian is 9-9 in BIG 12 conference play over 2 years. They are not happy in Austin. Also, Oklahoma alums are not happy with Brent Venables who will be on the hot seat next year.
Texas is always a mystery when they go through some very down years as they're the flagship school in probably the best HS football state in the country. They should have a top 5 class almost every year. I worked with a couple of Texas grads that would go batshit crazy when the recruiting and on-field results were discussed

Yeah OSU is not Alabama, thank God.
It's just extremely hard to consistently dominate - year after year -in CF anymore. Example: Alabama, Clemson, OSU or Oklahoma will not be in the Playoffs this year (unless OSU backs in). When was the last time one of those teams didn't make the Playoffs?

Reactions: sdwcpa
Texas is always a mystery when they go through some very down years as they're the flagship school in probably the best HS football state in the country. They should have a top 5 class almost every year. I worked with a couple of Texas grads that would go batshit crazy when the recruiting and on-field results were discussed
Agreed - I can't understand why Texas can't get their sh&t together - great recruiting classes year after year but cycle through coaches and can't win - maybe Arch will get them there - he better since moving to the SEC won't be a cake walk - No BIG10 West's there.

Agreed - I can't understand why Texas can't get their sh&t together - great recruiting classes year after year but cycle through coaches and can't win - maybe Arch will get them there - he better since moving to the SEC won't be a cake walk - No BIG10 West's there.
The biggest JOKE in CF

It's just extremely hard to consistently dominate - year after year -in CF anymore. Example: Alabama, Clemson, OSU or Oklahoma will not be in the Playoffs this year (unless OSU backs in). When was the last time one of those teams didn't make the Playoffs?
Actually it is quite easy…with a few exceptions, it has been the same handful of teams for over a decade. And unlike in the past, all of the elite players are going to those same handful of teams.

Agree ...not sure he's on the hot seat just yet. However, if they don't fix those defensive big play issues, particularly the back 2, 4, 7 or scheme (any or all of the above), he might start getting some sort of a noticeable heat rash.

Don't discount how much any loss, particularly a painful one, to Michigan impacts that fan base and their money monkeys.

To me, OSU has not seemed to be firing on all cylinders for the past 2 or 3 years. They need to get to the bottom of that for sure.

Reactions: Online Persona
There are a number of these articles already circulating. I also posted an article about a Nebraska coach. These are all relevant to PSU since we are in the big 10 for the foreseeable future.
LOTS of self proclaimed “experts” blog away throwing crap at a wall hoping any of it sticks, to give them street cred.

Reactions: Online Persona
Alabama and Ohio State declined after the Bear and Woody retired and it took a while to find their way back

Agree ...not sure he's on the hot seat just yet. However, if they don't fix those defensive big play issues, particularly the back 2, 4, 7 or scheme (any or all of the above), he might start getting some sort of a noticeable heat rash.

Don't discount how much any loss, particularly a painful one, to Michigan impacts that fan base and their money monkeys.

To me, OSU has not seemed to be firing on all cylinders for the past 2 or 3 years. They need to get to the bottom of that for sure.
Only Georgia and Alabama have had team talent composites on par with Ohio St the past few years and they both look to end up with multiple natties from that talent level.

I think this is the source of Ohio St fans justifiable criticism. I mean there are PSU fans who are still upset with 10-2, #8 ranking, and now a likely rose bowl appearance with only top 20 team talent composite.

Could you imagine the frustration if we had team talent composite essentially tied with Bama and Georgia for the last 5 years and significantly above everyone else but nothing to show for it? That's where Ohio St has been for half a decade so I get it. And to add insult to injury, they have seen backups Joe Burrow and then Jamison Williams transfer out for playing time only to win the Heisman, become high 1st round picks, be named 1st team all American over the guys they couldn't beat out at Ohio St, and win a national championship. The talent has been there and then some. The coaching just can't get it done.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT