ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Free Agency & Trades -- 2019

Do you think they think they can move Big V inside for a few games until Brooks is ready??
Horror came to my head this AM when I realized that Chance (not Porkchop) Womack was still on the Eagles! And I guess he would be next in line. Why on earth they keep him over Wiz I have no idea!!!

"IMO" is kinda' by definition :)

What's not IMO, is that JJames was seeing his PT diminish as the season wore on (I'd wager he was seeing no more than 1/3 or so of the snaps over the final month).
It doesn't really matter what "MO" is, the Steelers obviously felt that on their roster he was no longer a #1 option at TE.... and that's not a spot where one wants to lay out a lot of $$$$ in the salary cap era - at least that is what the Steelers determined.

That doesn't mean JJames is a lousy TE. It doesn't mean that JJames may not have several productive years somewhere else (and may make a nice pile of coin)…. just that it didn't make any sense for the Steelers to be paying him that coin.

I thought the Honeymoon with JJames and The Steelers was over even before the final 1/3 of this season. They (Steelers) just never seemed to "trust" him or use him as much.

Reactions: stormingnorm
And the Giants have done nothing yet to shore up the atrocious O-line....
uh not a Giants fan, but someone is not paying attentation. Giants traded Vernon to the Browns for their OGKevin Zeitler, who is a really good player.

The New York Giants made a potentially massive upgrade to their offensive line Friday by trading for Kevin Zeitler from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for Olivier Vernon.

Here are three things to know about Zeitler, who turned 29 on Friday:

Iron man
Zeitler has started every game for the past four seasons, and he has not missed a game since 2014. He has been a solid, if not spectacular, presence and an anchor on the right side at guard.

High grades
Zeitler was the No. 6 guard in the NFL last season, and no one at the position had a better pass blocking grade (91.7), according to Pro Football Focus. He is credited for being a significant part of the success of an offense led by QB Baker Mayfield during his rookie season last year. The current administration in Cleveland, led by general manager John Dorsey, drafted Austin Corbett last year to be an important piece on the interior, which is what made Zeitler available.

Money man
Just two years ago, Zeitler signed a five-year, $60 million contract with the Browns, making him the highest-paid guard in the NFL. He was considered one of the biggest prizes on the market. Now, just days before 2019 NFL free agency begins, Zeitler is on the move and joining a team in the Giants desperate for his talent and experience up front.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/s...w-ny-giants-new-offensive-lineman/3104222002/

Last edited:
I’m glad to guys like Amos and Donovan Smith get paid. ARob last year. They stuck with us in tough times. BZ

Of some note, Steelers decided to retain Shazier and keep him in the PUP list. Apparently, his contract isn't guaranteed and they could have cut him. With all the bad press the Steelers have gotten, just thought I'd share.

Reactions: BBrown
OBJ to Browns

not sure how i feel for Barkley. I didn’t like OBJ antics but he did open up the field for Barkley last year. Now Giant have no threat.

Browns are going to be tough. Hunt and Chubbs. Landry and Beckham.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
not sure how i feel for Barkley. I didn’t like OBJ antics but he did open up the field for Barkley last year. Now Giant have no threat.

Browns are going to be tough. Hunt and Chubbs. Landry and Beckham.

Wow, for the 17th pick, a 3rd rounder, and a player. Makes the Steelers look like they got robbed for AB. Beckham is younger so he has more value.... And also reportedly has some issues. Steelers would never have traded AB to the Browns. Too bad, as the Browns seem willing to over pay... Before AB went spazo, no way would I trade him for Beckham. o_O

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT