ADVERTISEMENT

NIL and Portal

sunshinedynomite

Dec 1, 2014
Here is how you rein it in-

NIL needs published-
Transfers can transfer 1 time free no sitting out.
Have a public site that shows what the NIL is.
I.e in the 4 pack Tesla deal with PSU- publish and state estimated value and time frame. If a booster group or company wants to give NIL they need to share it. really don’t care if xyz school wants to give abc recruit or current player get 1 billion dollars just publish it

transfers one freebie- you can leave no matter what after the first you need to sit out one year and pay your own way to school

two gotchas-

1 - NIL you still can do back end deals the problem is the IRS won’t like this and that his how Al Capone was brought down

2- transfers if after the first freebie what happens if coach leaves. My take tough sorry. If you sign with East Texas state transfer to middle Minnesota tech the coach leaves sorry you are stuck or you sit out another year. My take is that year doesn’t count towards eligibility so a kid could basically get 6-7-10 years of eligibility

the problem is that there are no rules and there can't be any rules. the kids can go make deals with people that want to pay them for NIL and there isn't a damn thing the school or the NCAA can do.

Reminds me of a scene in Malcome in the Middle TV show. A kid gets his own apartment and tells his guests" the first rule of mi casa is that there are no rules. The second rule is to get your damn feet off the sofa."

CFB’s value is largely produced by the most passionate fandom in all of sports. I think unregulated portal and NIL will cause a number of schools to eventually deemphasize football and cfb’s overall value will greatly erode. A true nfl minor league would be produce very little revenue compared to college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT