ADVERTISEMENT

NLWC changes

Guessing here but the future would appear to be Lilledahl, Bartlett, Haines, Messenbrink, Brooks, Kerkvliet.

Maybe Starocci although he’s talked about MMA.

Then there’s the next wave which includes the U20 guys.
Why no Duke?

Huge. Zain is PSU wrestling to me. He personifies tough, smart and honest wrestling. He also seems to be amazing human.
Seems to me there’s some big money behind the scenes stepping up to keep him from Wall Street.

Thank you señor dinero grande!

Good god you guys must have some serious dough. Zain turns down a job on Wall Street to be a coach/practice partner?! Sheesh.

Reactions: railbirrd
BTW - there's nothing to stop Zain from also pursuing a parallel career in finance even if he stays at State College. He could easily work from home at a lot of different positions. That's particularly true if he wants to be a trader. I know guys who are making a decent living doing that from home.

Good god you guys must have some serious dough. Zain turns down a job on Wall Street to be a coach/practice partner?! Sheesh.
Considering he would not have to move his family to New York, I am sure he is saving a ton on rent.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
BTW - there's nothing to stop Zain from also pursuing a parallel career in finance even if he stays at State College. He could easily work from home at a lot of different positions. That's particularly true if he wants to be a trader. I know guys who are making a decent living doing that from home.
Nico is doing both.

Nico is doing both.
Queueing up one of your favorites:

200w.gif

How it happened or what the arrangement will be behind the scenes, who knows. I'm sure Cael obviously made it worth his while. Also as many have mentioned, NYC would not really be Zain's cup of tea.

What I do know is this is huge. It can't be overstated how much Zain means to the team right now and how much of a favorite he is of all the recruits we are targeting.

How it happened or what the arrangement will be behind the scenes, who knows. I'm sure Cael obviously made it worth his while. Also as many have mentioned, NYC would not really be Zain's cup of tea.

What I do know is this is huge. It can't be overstated how much Zain means to the team right now and how much of a favorite he is of all the recruits we are targeting.
Yeah and we're not just talking about wrestling. Zain is a total role model for any of the younger guys.

But you'd better have those three monitors in front of you between 9:00am-4:00PM. That's if you're not doing international or commodity trading.
Actually, depending on your strategy, you can keep track of things from your cell phone at least part of the time.

I see no issues with NLWC transition from the older senior level guys to the young guys. Most other than RBY are at or near the end of their competitive days. You have to move on to other things in life. Now those that are trolling or trying to throw sh*t against the wall, are happy to say, whats going on at NLWC. But even DT would hope to have half the young guys on board as PSU and NLWC.
Give him a few years...as long as Okie St. is seeing success.

Too many folks have a misconception that everyone in Wall Street makes a ton and that just isn’t the case. I have worked in Finance and regularly advice folks to consider other options than working on Wall Street

Reactions: Ski
Too many folks have a misconception that everyone in Wall Street makes a ton and that just isn’t the case. I have worked in Finance and regularly advice folks to consider other options than working on Wall Street
Oh no. I understand that. But Zain is forgoing the opportunity, which, in general, guys at least want the shot to “make a ton”

I'll say this without knowing Zain personally. I know he's really smart and majored in Finance but I never ever got vibes that he was a high finance personality. I have zero doubts he can succeed in any venture he wants but I feel he would be way out of his comfort zone if he had to adopt the mentality that it needs to get to the top of some of those careers, no matter what it pays.

Also, I think Zain just loves wrestling and yes, will make good money doing it, especially as it sounds like he is working on creating his own training center in a hot location.

Reactions: Ski and vhsalum
If you take a job in compliance, your'e screwed.
if he had to adopt the mentality that it needs to get to the top of some of those careers, no matter what it pays.
Like having an insatiable drive to succeed and having no qualms about inflicting pain onto others?

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone and Gebmo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT