ADVERTISEMENT

No one is mentioning

Question: After DDS gets hurt and is out.... In the second half, PSU changed up their defense front and seemed to get more pressure... 50 & 92 come to mind. Can someone explain the exact changes... was it just personnel or formation. I noticed Carter moved around but was in the LB position in different locations.

Question: After DDS gets hurt and is out.... In the second half, PSU changed up their defense front and seemed to get more pressure... 50 & 92 come to mind. Can someone explain the exact changes... was it just personnel or formation. I noticed Carter moved around but was in the LB position in different locations.
Absolutely. I've been frustrated that PSU needs Reed to come up to the LOS to help stop the run. That might work against weaker teams but OSU is more likely to take advantage of the secondary. In the second half Ford & Vilbert really stepped it up. The question is if they took advantage of Wisconsin being worn down or if they are as good or better than Thomas & Sutton.

It seems what everyone is saying..... it is simply personell and not a formation change. I do think moving Carter around causes issues for QB. You have to account for him.

Reactions: RickinDayton
50(Ford), 92(Smith Vilbert) & 15(Vanover) all stepped up after DDS went down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT