ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Portal Movements for 2024-25

Check my math, but two guys to take two Ls to PSU in the dual @$500K each, and the team losing at least 9 out of 10 duals, the price per team point will be $333,333.33. #ClutchPopped
What's the math with Parco there too?

What's the math with Parco there too?
too-many-counting.gif

Not in the portal, but not sure where else to put this. Perhaps we need a "Non-Portal Poaching" thread.

Reactions: railbirrd
Bob is really forcing the issue here. Will anyone at the NCAA care? Probably not. Still seems like a pretty terrible overall strategy to elevate your program, IMO. I've always liked Teemer though.

Bob is really forcing the issue here. Will anyone at the NCAA care? Probably not. Still seems like a pretty terrible overall strategy to elevate your program, IMO. I've always liked Teemer though.
The NCAA may not jump on this but you can be sure the people at ASU are livid and will raise it as an issue. I would have to think over time the anger from the programs losing these wrestlers would force someone’s hand. I could be wrong.

The Hawks are going all-in with 6th and 7th year Srs again. It hasn't worked out for them so far.

Eierman, Young, Marinelli, Kemerer, Spencer, Murin, Warner, Teske, Woods, Franek ... not a single finalist their last year, most fell short of their career-best finish.

To be honest, we haven't had much better luck with 6th-year guys.

Now they're doubling down with Cannon, Parco, Cobe, Teemer, Brands, Glazier, and Buchanon.

Do they ask Ayala to shrink down again now that Cannon is coming? What do they do with Cobe and Glazier?

Last edited:
The Hawks are going all-in with 6th and 7th year Srs again. It hasn't worked out for them so far.

Eierman, Young, Marinelli, Kemerer, Spencer, Murin, Warner, Teske, Woods, Franek ... not a single finalist their last year, most fell short of their career-best finish.

To be honest, we haven't had much better luck with 6th-year guys.

Do they ask Ayala to shrink down again now that Cannon is coming?
Cannon lasted all of less than 1 period last year before being out for the season. Think of his pro rated payment per hour if it happens this year

Reactions: jack66
How long until we see the wrestling version of this?

I'd say it won't be exactly like that. Maybe something more along the lines of yelling at reporters, a la

'You're not asking the right person the right question. Ask the right questions. Why is Iowa being targeted??!! Whose behind it??!! It's not my job to ask those questions. Do your jobs!!!'​

In other words, I have a hard time believing the coach would hold himself accountable with a self-imposed penalty while awaiting the NCAA's.

That said, kudos to Kirk (and Cade McNamara is still Iowa's new starting QB so ...).

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Heard Glazier is gone.
That would be sad. Zach was their best story throughout last year and one of the best stories in wrestling. It had to be heartbreaking to learn he had been recruited over. A life-long Hawk fan who waited his turn and performed great ( until close losses at NCAAs). Wishing him the best wherever he wrestles.

The NIL numbers that get floated around these wrestling transfers can't be real. And because there's no public disclosure requirement they can be fictional without consequence, no one is likely to get called out for making them up.

Reactions: jrod65
Might the NCAA be allowing this to play out? Right now these are just rumors.

If they do make a move they could easily add a few failed poaching attempts.

Might the NCAA be allowing this to play out? Right now these are just rumors.

If they do make a move they could easily add a few failed poaching attempts.
Willie has a lot at stake with his reputation to be putting stuff like this out there if it isn't true. I'm sure there are hoops to jump through but they seem to be done deal from the standpoint of commitments. I guess nothing is "done done" until they're rostered and in an Iowa singlet.

If Glazier really wanted to stick it to Iowa, he would reach out to Oklahoma State. I would take him over Luke Surber (no shade thrown here to my Ok State friends, just my opinion) especially after learning some of DT's secrets and rolling around with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT