ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina - when will we learn the extent of NCAA sanctions?

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
I thought by now we would have heard what their sanctions from ncaa will be. when do we expect to hear their sanctions for all their academic violations of actual ncaa rules? since this is actually an area where the NCAA has authority to sanction, and it has been so visible, what is holding this up?

After the NCAA Tournament unless they don't make it this year, then sooner then that.

UNC isn't getting hit hard no matter what. They're a sacred cow beyond any meaningful punishment.

It's not fair, but that's reality.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I thought by now we would have heard what their sanctions from ncaa will be. when do we expect to hear their sanctions for all their academic violations of actual ncaa rules? since this is actually an area where the NCAA has authority to sanction, and it has been so visible, what is holding this up?

Last I heard UNC received the findings from the NCAA and kept it secret while they got months to prepare their response and answer back (remember that pesky process they refused to let PSU do). After the NCAA responds back with their 'final' statement then I think it goes public. With other schools usually it's leaked out by now but UNC has kept it close to the vest. Don't know the timing of events. Maybe our NC posters can fill in th blanks. ;)

D
Do you think the NCAA will deal with widespread academic fraud across several sports teams over multiple years when they are so busy where they don't belong?

Reactions: Judge Smails
Emmert will hammer UNC Asheville with 5 yrs tournament ban..loss of scholies and UNC Asheville must vacate the 25 wins they have had in the last 10 years....and Roy Williams can't coach any game UNC plays against UNC-Asheville

Reactions: LionJim
Sure does bring into perspective how poorly the bot handled things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT