ADVERTISEMENT

Not good news for Sean Clifford

Willis is a strange case. Drafted to replace Tannehill. Played but wasn't ready. Then got drafted over (Titans took Levis) and essentially ended his experiment as a starter.

Considering Clifford only has 1 pass as a pro, this is either competition for the backup role or he gone.

Hope they keep him as their #3
Sounds like a great opportunity for the Steelers. They can probably get Clifford for a low round draft pick, assign him as their #3 this year, and then make him their #1 next year after Wilson and Fields fail. Clifford could be the solution to the Steelers' long term QB woes.

LemonEars, I am hoping that this is written in jest or that you are an Eagles fan suggesting a horrible move for the Steelers. The possibility of Wilson and Fields failing is certainly real, but Clifford to be the long term answer seems quite unlikely.

The PSU Board and the Green Bay Boards were fairly unanimous that Clifford was a reach and was not an everyday QB. A good guy. probably a good coach, not a QB1.

Sounds like a great opportunity for the Steelers. They can probably get Clifford for a low round draft pick, assign him as their #3 this year, and then make him their #1 next year after Wilson and Fields fail. Clifford could be the solution to the Steelers' long term QB woes.
I don't think Clifford is anyone's answer to be a solution as a starter but I think he could be a very good backup.

Steelers have their 3 QBs for this year even if I don't like the trio

I don't think Clifford is anyone's answer to be a solution as a starter but I think he could be a very good backup.

Steelers have their 3 QBs for this year even if I don't like the trio
Dude was Brought in last playoffs against Dallas and couldn't get the team a first down, after 2 series, they had to put Love back in..

I loved Clifford and what he did here, but we over hype our guys so much. He was a good story, but is probably a 3rd stringer/Practice squad at best at this point.

BTW, Horrible cut day today, a ton of our guys were cut, including Hamler, McSorley, ARob, King, Tinsley, Mustipher, Smith, Amos, and Castro-Fields.

BTW, Horrible cut day today, a ton of our guys were cut, including Hamler, McSorley, ARob, King, Tinsley, Mustipher, Smith, Amos, and Castro-Fields.
McSorely is better than Clifford. The way he played in their last preseason game he should probably be the Redskins’ starter.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Clifford will play more football than Willis in his career. That is my bold take.

IMG-6126.gif

So what? He was dropping dimes all over that crappy Redskins Stadium. And then he ran past them and through them. Most of those guys will be back on rosters come November.
And Trace has continually proven he's a 3rd string/PS guy that we all knew was in Washington as a camp arm

McSorely is better than Clifford. The way he played in their last preseason game he should probably be the Redskins’ starter.
I would take McSorley in college, but Clifford in the NFL. Love both players, though.

And Trace has continually proven he's a 3rd string/PS guy that we all knew was in Washington as a camp arm
We all know that you spend all day making circular arguments on this message board while Trace has made millions of dollars playing professional football. So what’s your point?

We all know that you spend all day making circular arguments on this message board while Trace has made millions of dollars playing professional football. So what’s your point?
That he shouldn't be starting for Commanders despite your nonsense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT