ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results & Goldfish Games — Week of Jan 18

slushhead

Mar 10, 2014
Here is what is currently on the docket this week for coverage on the ESPN and BTN networks. [**TV bracketed by asterisks**, PSU bolded.] Quite a few cancellations last week, and I would imagine situations are fluid again this week. Utah Valley already postponed their duals for the weekend.

Tuesday
- Drexel vs Penn (3:30pm) [ESPN+]

Thursday
- Mizzou vs Oklahoma (8pm) [Bally Sports Oklahoma*]

Friday
- **PSU vs Michigan (6pm) [BTN]**
- Rutger vs MSU (6pm) [B1G+]
- Maryland vs Indiana (7pm) [B1G+]
- Illinois vs Purdue (7pm) [B1G+]
- Virginia vs Pitt (7pm) [ACCNX/ESPN+]
- **Duke vs UNC (7pm) [ACCN]**
- CMU vs No.Ilinois (7pm) [ESPN+]
- Nebraska vs Wisconsin (8pm) [B1G+]
- **Iowa vs tOSU (8pm) [BTN]**

Saturday
- Navy vs Ohio (11am) [ESPN+]
- Harvard vs Cornell (1pm) [ESPN+]
- Columbia vs Princeton (1pm) [ESPN+]
- SDSU vs Mizzou (3pm) [ESPN+]
- Brown vs Cornell (3pm) [ESPN+]

Sunday
- CMU vs SIUE (12pm) [ESPN+]
- Oklahoma vs No. Illinois (1pm) [ESPN+]
- Columbia vs Penn (1pm) [ESPN+]
- Davidson vs Ohio (1pm) [ESPN+]
- Maryland vs tOSU (1pm) [B1G+]
- PSU vs MSU (1pm) [B1G+]
- So.Dakota vs SIUE (2pm) [ESPN+]
- Lehigh vs Okie St (3pm) [ESPN+]
- NDSU vs ISU (3pm) [ESPN+]
- Ark-LR vs UNC (3pm) [ACCNX/ESPN+]
- Nebraska vs Northwestern (3pm) [B1G+]
- Rutger vs Michigan (4pm) [B1G+]
- **Wisconsin vs Purdue (4pm) [BTN]**
- CMU vs SIUE (4pm) [ESPN+]
- Citadel vs Campbell (5pm) [ESPN+]

* Link is to Bally Sports main page (as provided by OU website); may require some sleuthing to find the match (I could not find “Oklahoma” or “Wrestling” as subsites anywhere in the Bally Sports menu).

Last edited:
Likely missing it all live. Womp. Might be able to catch the Michigan match on my phone.

Bump. Mizzou vs Oklahoma on Thursday night is still not listed by ESPN+, but the team sites indicate free streaming via “Bally Sports Oklahoma” (see asterisked note in OP above).

It was as if Bobby Crawford were wearing green. Poznanski attempted a Gramby while in a half + tight waist, rolled himself directly into the pin.

Sparty converted it into a bow and arrow for extra salt in the wound.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Bobby Crawford reference?

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Bobby Crawford reference?
Crawford maybe the funkiest wrestler PA high school ever saw.
The greatest high school match I ever witnessed in person was when Tashner beat Crawford his Senior year at Regionals. Crawford I think was on 120+ win streak . Crawford redeemed it at States to become 4 timer(2AA ,2AAA)

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
It was as if Bobby Crawford were wearing green. Poznanski attempted a Gramby while in a half + tight waist, rolled himself directly into the pin.

Sparty converted it into a bow and arrow for extra salt in the wound.

That's not a Bow & Arrow. He basically lost the Half-Nelson and converted it to a reverse-headlock, then turked his right leg with his left free arm.

A few notes on Lock Haven of late.

Anthony Noto (125), who is 18-1, his only loss coming against Gage Curry in SV at the Clarion Open, beat Joe Fischer again this weekend. Fischer, you might recall, beat Luke Werner in SV at the Clarion Open and then taunted him. Noto appears to have taken over the starting spot from Werner. I'd not be shocked to see Noto on the podium in March.

True freshman Conner Eck (149) looked great going 8-1 out of the gate but has hit a rough patch. Last night he got majored by Brent Moore despite having lost to him 3-2 at the Clarion Open in November.

Isaac Reid, who hasn't wrestled in a few years, has looked really solid at HWT. He hasn't faced a rough schedule, but he's 17-3. Last night, with Lock Haven down 3 points and needing a major to win, Reid gave up the first TD but came back and earned the major in the final seconds. Exciting finish.

Ashton Eyler (165) and Ben Barton (157) are having decent years.

Gabe Strickland (133) is 11-9 but capable of beating guys above his pay grade because he's fearless and wrestles through everything. He doesn't quite have the strength just yet so takes losses in matches where that matters, but he's got a lot of upside and I can see him on the podium in a few years. Really fun to watch.

x5ViFTm.jpg

WtY0lXS.jpg

No I go
Am I the only one who doesn't get the Bobby Crawford referen

Crawford maybe the funkiest wrestler PA high school ever saw.
The greatest high school match I ever witnessed in person was when Tashner beat Crawford his Senior year at Regionals. Crawford I think was on 120+ win streak . Crawford redeemed it at States to become 4 timer(2AA ,2AAA)
He was one tall and lanky wrestler for sure. Put you in a cradle from literally anywhere at anytime

Where did Crawford go to college I lost track after he graduated high school. Back then we didn't have wrestling forums or an internet for that matter lol

Where did Crawford go to college I lost track after he graduated high school. Back then we didn't have wrestling forums or an internet for that matter lol
*Correction. Clarion
Speaking of old time names, a friend of mine sent me a current Bloomsburg Wrestling Roster and I see a Josh Bonomo is on it.
I'm certain either Rickey or Rockey's kid.
Rickey rarely gets metioned as an all time college great but come tournament time he was awesome. Three National titles when he was at Bloomsburg. His weight cuts would never be allowed by today's rules and guidelines.
Bloomsburg finished 5th in Nationals his senior year.

Last edited:
Bucknell
Speaking of old time names, a friend of mine sent me a current Bloomsburg Wrestling Roster and I see a Josh Bonomo is on it.
Rickey rarely gets metioned as an all time college great but come tournament time he was awesome. Three National titles when he was at Bloomsburg. His weight cuts would never be allowed by today's rules and guidelines.
Crawford went to Clarion

For some reason I thought he originally went to Bucknell and then transfered.
I guess I was wrong, sorry for the error.
All good!!! Like many of the PA 4xers. His college career didn’t quite live up to expectations

Bucknell
I went to high school with the Bonomo’s, my younger sister was good friends with their sister. Ricky is in Camp hill PA and Rocky is a Pastor near Lake Lehman. Josh’s bio says Lake Lehman so probably Rocky’s son.

Reactions: hlstone
A few notes on Lock Haven of late.

Anthony Noto (125), who is 18-1, his only loss coming against Gage Curry in SV at the Clarion Open, beat Joe Fischer again this weekend. Fischer, you might recall, beat Luke Werner in SV at the Clarion Open and then taunted him. Noto appears to have taken over the starting spot from Werner. I'd not be shocked to see Noto on the podium in March.

True freshman Conner Eck (149) looked great going 8-1 out of the gate but has hit a rough patch. Last night he got majored by Brent Moore despite having lost to him 3-2 at the Clarion Open in November.

Isaac Reid, who hasn't wrestled in a few years, has looked really solid at HWT. He hasn't faced a rough schedule, but he's 17-3. Last night, with Lock Haven down 3 points and needing a major to win, Reid gave up the first TD but came back and earned the major in the final seconds. Exciting finish.

Ashton Eyler (165) and Ben Barton (157) are having decent years.

Gabe Strickland (133) is 11-9 but capable of beating guys above his pay grade because he's fearless and wrestles through everything. He doesn't quite have the strength just yet so takes losses in matches where that matters, but he's got a lot of upside and I can see him on the podium in a few years. Really fun to watch.

x5ViFTm.jpg

WtY0lXS.jpg
Thanks for this update. Appreciate Lock Haven News. Keep them coming.

Reactions: tikk10 and dunkej01
I went to high school with the Bonomo’s, my younger sister was good friends with their sister. Ricky is in Camp hill PA and Rocky is a Pastor near Lake Lehman. Josh’s bio says Lake Lehman so probably Rocky’s son.
They did a wrestling camp I went to. They were hilarious! Did moves in slow motion, rewind, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT