ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results & Goldfish Games: Feb 3-6

Ybarra, a 3rd stringer forced into action as a freshman and wrestling his 5th Division 1 opponent in his brief career, lost 4-0 to returning All-American and 7th ranked Barnett and they’re killing him on HR. He was close to scoring on a couple of occasions too. I thought he looked great; entirely different wrestler than I saw last Friday.

Ybarra, a 3rd stringer forced into action as a freshman and wrestling his 5th Division 1 opponent in his brief career, lost 4-0 to returning All-American and 7th ranked Barnett and they’re killing him on HR. He was close to scoring on a couple of occasions too. I thought he looked great; entirely different wrestler than I saw last Friday.
They eat their own

Reactions: Ja1339
Though rather passive offensively, Lance hung in surprising well against Parris on Friday (2/4), losing only 4-1. And the second TD by Parris came very late; the bout score was close the whole way.

I had figured that Parris would dominate, but no.
Kerk beat Lance 10-2 last year, and we know Kerk wasn't nearly himself at the time.

They called Hamiti for the stall backing out in 1st and not Marinelli for doing it much more flagrantly in 2nd. Anyone else see that?
The Bull is the master at getting the Sumo push out stall calls. He never is making an offensive attempt. He pushes off the shoulders to force his opponent out and gets the stall call every time.
That is the reason a push out rule in folk would suck. It is 80% of the neutral offense we would be forced to watch.

First time watching Hamiti. He got sloppy a few times, but you can tell he is going to be problems for a lot of guys come tourney time.
Ditto. The first TD in particular that he gave up looked like a freshman against a seasoned vet. But I saw a big gas tank, no quit, a lot of funk and length to cause problems.

Reactions: Grass
The Bull is the master at getting the Sumo push out stall calls. He never is making an offensive attempt. He pushes off the shoulders to force his opponent out and gets the stall call every time.
That is the reason a push out rule in folk would suck. It is 80% of the neutral offense we would be forced to watch.
In the second, Hamiti shot from distance while they were at the edge and Marinelli sprawled and just backed out of bounds while Hamiti advanced. That’s stalling every time. And it was flagrant.

No call.

Maybe Ybarra isn't as bad as some wanted to make him out to be. He was a pretty heralded recruit who has been in the room for a year (and trains with RBY in the offseason) He lost to 3 guys who are in contention to AA at 125 and then a 133.

Reactions: mcpat
Hamiti does remind me a bit of a young David Taylor. Someone else said that, can't remember who?

They called Hamiti for the stall backing out in 1st and not Marinelli for doing it much more flagrantly in 2nd. Anyone else see that?
Match is at Carver, and we all know in McCarverland only non Iowa guys stall.

Maybe I’m just missing his posts but has anyone heard from JS lately? Kinda worried about him. Thinking he and his family had COVID issues recently.

Maybe I’m just missing his posts but has anyone heard from JS lately? Kinda worried about him. Thinking he and his family had COVID issues recently.
i'm good haha i was having computer issues. rivals wouldn't let me login on here or HR and had a busy week at work with weather stuff, so i wasn't checking the boards much. thanks for thinking about me

Someone is filming this WV vs UNI dual on Flo with a potato camera from 20 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT