ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results & Goldfish Games: Week of 11/7 - 11/13

slushhead

Mar 10, 2014
Back by popular demand . . . well, maybe by a request or two, but back nonetheless.

This week’s televised/streamed action on the ESPN & B1G networks, plus a place for ensuing discussion regarding interesting match-ups and non-PSU results. Post your “Wow, so-and-so just got beat by guess-who using a watchamacallit!” comments here so that the @Ranger Dan ’s among us don’t fall victim to spoiler attacks in other threads. 🤫😉

Friday
  • Clarion vs Rutgers // 6:00 PM // BTN+
  • Lock Haven vs PSU // 7:00 PM // BTN+
  • VaTech vs. Ohio St // 7:00 PM // BTN+

Saturday
  • Queens(NC) vs. GMU // 12:00 PM // ESPN+
  • Millersville vs. GMU // 1:30 PM // ESPN+
  • Williams vs. GMU // 3:00 PM // ESPN+
  • NoCol vs. Binghamton // 3:00 PM // ESPN+
  • Okie St vs. Bucknell // 7:00 PM // ESPN+
  • Cal Baptist vs. ISU // 9:00 PM // ESPN+

Sunday
  • Rider vs. Purdue // 12:00 PM // BTN+
  • Cal Baptist vs. Iowa // 2:30 PM // BTN+
  • Michigan vs. UNC // 3:00 PM // ACCNX

Yep, Flo and others may have coverage, too, but I subscribe only to ESPN/B1G and don’t have the motivation to look elsewhere. ✌🏻

As always, keep it clean in here you rat bastards.

giphy.gif

Sat 11/12 - OKST vs. Lehigh (Flo):
- 141: Carter vs. Hines
- 149: Voinovich vs. Bryant
- 157: Sheets vs. Humphreys
- 184: Wittlake vs. Samuelson

This is shaping up to be a very competitive dual, which Flo will likely have crappy streaming for.

BTW, Wrestlestat's Duals page has links to streaming.

Sat 11/12 -- Oklahoma vs. Lehigh (Rokfin):
- 141: Schwartz vs. Hines
- 149: Moore vs. Bryant
- 165: 9-House vs. Meyer

Sun 11/13: North Carolina vs. Meatchicken (ESPN):
- 133: Melendez vs. Ragusin
- 141: McNeil vs. Mattin
- 149: Sherman vs. Lamer
- 157: O'Connor vs. Lewan
- 184: Kane vs. Finesilver

This could also be a very good dual. It might come down to how many bonus points Parris gets at HWT.

Saw a tweet about unattached entries into the Grand View Open this weekend and whose name pops up but our dear old friend Anthony Echemendia

Thanks @El-Jefe for the assist on key matchups.

Re: meaning of “Goldfish Games” . . . it is a toungue-in-cheek reference to a comment made a while back (summer ‘21?) about how this forum has the attention span of a goldfish (credit to @jack66 ). The board did not fail when we subsequently attempted a single “results only” thread to run throughout the season — things went off the rails quickly (the meander I remember most was a discussion of how Yianni may or may not be a jerk). So, instead of trying to maintain order, I acquiesced to my fellow goldfish and embraced the disorder by making it a weekly thread for us to have our noteworthy results and goldfish games, too . . . or something like that. 😉

Thanks @El-Jefe for the assist on key matchups.

Re: meaning of “Goldfish Games” . . . it is a toungue-in-cheek reference to a comment made a while back (summer ‘21?) about how this forum has the attention span of a goldfish (credit to @jack66 ). The board did not fail when we subsequently attempted a single “results only” thread to run throughout the season — things went off the rails quickly (the meander I remember most was a discussion of how Yianni may or may not be a jerk). So, instead of trying to maintain order, I acquiesced to my fellow goldfish and embraced the disorder by making it a weekly thread for us to have our noteworthy results and goldfish games, too . . . or something like that. 😉
Is it just me, or does it seem like you should have added this at the end?

508cb61f-38a8-4324-85b0-a4a794dd5a65_text.gif

Probably won't be an incredibly competitive dual, but some good match-ups in those line-ups. Mendez-Latona, Smith-Lewis, and Romero-Bolen alone should be worth the price of admission. If Bouzakis gets the nod, it could be a good measuring stick to see where he stands against Crook (projecting middle of the pack NQ).

ADVERTISEMENT