ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results & Goldfish Games: Week of 12/9 - 12/11

#16 Prata over #8 Mastro 4-2.
#28 Schwartz over #21 Young 8-6

OU wrestling tough — up 9-4 after 4 matches (started at 285).

#15 Moore defeats #18 Voinovich 3-1 in SV.

OU 12, OkieSt 4 at the break. This has been a cool dual thus far. Closely contested matches galore.

9House over Sheets by DEC.
OU 15, OkieSt 7 going into last 3 matches.

#4 Plott techs #19 Roberts, 21-6.
OU 15, OkieSt 12 with 2 matches to go.

ANOTHER overtime match - #29 Penner & #16 Wittlake, 4-4.
Wittlake pulls it out w/ a TD.

Dual tied 15-15 with 1 match to go, #28 vs. #29. This is great stuff.

And Okie State wins it with a pin off of a counter. Wow!

So great to see this series competitive again.

Last edited:
In the meantime, Mizzou-VaTech has been going chalk. VaTech up 7-6 after 4 (125-149), and Ulrey is in for Andonian at 157. 🙁

Ulrey wins, 10-6 VaTech.

#22 Brady gave O’Toole fits for the first 6:00, ad the latter then got a TD and stall point to win 8-4.
Now 10-9 VaTech, going to 174.

Lewis over Mocco by decision.
VaTech 13, Mizzou 9

#7 Bolen takes care of business vs. #23 Harman, wins by MD 13-3.
VaTech 17, Mizzou 9 with 2 matches left.

#1 Elam over #21 Smith 7-0.
VaTech 17, Mizzou 12

Only one way for Mizzou to pull this out now.

#8 Elam by DEC 4-2 over #22 Catka.

Final Score: VaTech 17, Mizzou 15

Last edited:
Plott is an animal. Looks like a possible national finalist. Too bad he won't face any of the top guys until nationals.

Reactions: diggerpup
Plott is an animal. Looks like a possible national finalist. Too bad he won't face any of the top guys until nationals.
You think he can break through Lewis’s hips, or stay offensive vs. an angry Carter? Honest question — just curious about what you’re seeing.

Wittlake 6-4 SV over Penner, after getting a questionable stalling point late in the 3rd.

Penner is not very good. Wittlake looked terrible, at least relative to his ability. Has a lot of work to do if he wants to make the podium.

You think he can break through Lewis’s hips, or stay offensive vs. an angry Carter? Honest question — just curious about what you’re seeing.
Definitely not against Carter -- that's why I said possible finalist and not possible champ.

I don't know if he can break thru Lewis. IMO he has a shot against Labriola.

Wittlake 6-4 SV over Penner, after getting a questionable stalling point late in the 3rd.

Penner is not very good. Wittlake looked terrible, at least relative to his ability. Has a lot of work to do if he wants to make the podium.
Felt like watching an Iowa shoving match at carver. And ref giving osu bad stalling call.

Reactions: LOTOlion
2 wins at the B10 tournament, just like everybody else in the conference.
2?
Seeded 1st or 2nd, 1 win into semi-finals MFF to 6th.
Yeah, I get 1-0 probably doesn't a 1 or 2 seed. However, 1-0 and 3 time champ with Tom and Terry leaking tears.

Felt like watching an Iowa shoving match at carver. And ref giving osu bad stalling call.
A "BAD" stalling call? Who calls stalling twice in 5 seconds? Especially when the guy is despeartely try to get back to center and his opponent has underhooks and just pushing him out and not letting him back in. It was clearly stalling on Wittlake. Oklahoma wins the match right there until Santa Claus .....dressed in zebra stripes saves them. Merry freakin' Christmas you filthy animals.

Cam Amine loses to Bryce Hepner at the Cleveland State Open. FWIW Hepner beat Kharchla in their Wrestle-off this year. Doesn't sound as crazy now I guess...

Very nice win but I'm confused why Hepner was at an open when tOSU forefitted his weight in the dual.

Very nice win but I'm confused why Hepner was at an open when tOSU forefitted his weight in the dual.
The question would be why Gallagher didn't wrestle. Match notes listed Wilcox at 165 (so they planned on Kharchla not being available). But then Wilcox went 157.

The question would be why Gallagher didn't wrestle. Match notes listed Wilcox at 165 (so they planned on Kharchla not being available). But then Wilcox went 157.
Announcer said Gallagher was banged up. He thought Gallagher might go 57 with Wilcox going 65 but said if Wilcox goes 57 then OSU would forfeit 65. Sounds like Gallagher is closer to returning than Kharchla is.

Announcer said Gallagher was banged up. He thought Gallagher might go 57 with Wilcox going 65 but said if Wilcox goes 57 then OSU would forfeit 65. Sounds like Gallagher is closer to returning than Kharchla is.
He injured the same knee at CKLV that he injured a couple years ago that cost him a season. I'm doubtful we see a better Kharchla than we saw last year and this may be his final season.

ADVERTISEMENT