ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results, Iowa Ducks, Glory Holes, Turk serves his country (again), Yianni a jerk, etc.

And for anyone keeping tabs on Stanford . . . Woods still not wrestling, and according to commentator, Griffith “rumored” likely to sit. The latter did undergo concussion protocol midway through his match vs. Ramirez yesterday, and so sitting today not a surprise.
woods is apparently ineligible until the next quarter starts in december. didn’t take enough credits, not that he performed poorly. no big deal.

Seems like it to me. We sound lamer and whinier and more eager to argue about trivialities. As if we were starting a journey to HR-quality from BWI-quality.

jack-nicholson-the-shining.gif

Bad reffing not limited to Shane Grifith's match ...

Beckman is an authority on passive wrestling.

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
Matt Lee, transitive property national champ.

Griffith beat Marinelli
Ramirez beat Griffith
Matt Lee beat Ramirez
Brevin Cassella (Binghamton) beat Matt Lee
Andrew Clark (Rutger) beat Cassella
Cameron Pine (Clarion) beat Clark
Noah Grover (Buffalo) beat Pine
Jake Wentzel (Pitt) beat Grover
Joe Lee beat Wentzel

Ladies and gentlemen, your transitive property National champion, Joe Lee

Griffith beat Marinelli
Ramirez beat Griffith
Matt Lee beat Ramirez
Joe Lee beat Wentzel

I think you mean Terrell Barraclough.

Griffith beat Marinelli
Ramirez beat Griffith
Matt Lee beat Ramirez
Joe Lee beat Wentzel

Kevin Bacon fits in there somehow

woods is apparently ineligible until the next quarter starts in december. didn’t take enough credits, not that he performed poorly. no big deal.
I’ll take your word for it, but that leaves me scratching my head. Wasn’t last year’s word on the street that he was showing up only for March was because he had overloaded up on coursework, which necessitated an Allen Iverson treatment of the regular season?

Or was the truth that his academics-over-sports commitment was compelled by underperformance?

Anyway, I was thinking maybe injury, based on the little ambulance icon next to his name in Wrestlestat.

I’ll take your word for it, but that leaves me scratching my head. Wasn’t last year’s word on the street that he was showing up only for March was because he had overloaded up on coursework, which necessitated an Allen Iverson treatment of the regular season?

Or was the truth that his academics-over-sports commitment was compelled by underperformance?

Anyway, I was thinking maybe injury, based on the little ambulance icon next to his name in Wrestlestat.
Last year Woods loaded up his class schedule so he could graduate since Stanford was dropping wrestling. They didn't and now his schedule is undergraduate class deficient. Second semester should be fine

Reactions: slushhead

Stanford is on the quarters system. Maybe that makes both stories compatible?

Reactions: slushhead
Stanford is on the quarters system. Maybe that makes both stories compatible?
Yeah, obviously I have (had) no idea what was up . . . figured I’d keep mentioning his absence (a) for the benefit of anyone else like me who was curious whether he was going, and (b) until someone who knew what was up, spoke up. 😉

Phillippi from Pitt while riding out the win basically pins himself with 4 seconds remaining in the match. Defensive pin......and another highly ranked guy goes down

Phillippi from Pitt while riding out the win basically pins himself with 4 seconds remaining in the match. Defensive pin......and another highly ranked guy goes down

I watched the match. Not a good day for Pitt. Phillippi’s fall was defensive. The Lehigh wrestler forced the issue, and Mickey was never able to get comfortable on top.

I have a 20 dollar bill saying not wrestling Cassioppi (as in ducking) hasn't entered Cael's nor Kerk's mind.
If the trend of T&T sitting their stars to protect their seeds becomes the norm, perhaps the practice should be called “hawking” rather than “ducking”. (No disrespect intended towards Stephen Hawking, r.i.p.)

Last edited:
Crazy the upsets already.. We often see upsets early on but have we seen this many #1's go down so early?

not that he's short on credits overall, but that he didn't take enough in the previous quarter which might make sense because he wasn't planning on still being there initially.

For example, as I understand it, an athlete who took less than 12 credits last spring would not be eligible to play in the fall semester because they weren't full time. LSU lost one of its top running backs for something like this. I obviously don't have inside info. I heard this on one of the podacsts (Willies I think?).

Looks like Robb is here to stay!

Robb is strong and extremely defensive. Carr was careless early and gave up a rather dumb two. Robb spent most of the rest of the match giving ground and blocking and the ref swallowed his whistle. I will be very surprised if a rematch didn't find Carr winning by 4-5 point margin. David still makes mistakes from a strategic standpoint that he will be forced to clean up especially in International events in his future. He is a cat (somewhat like RBY) in terms of speed and reflex.

Robb is strong and extremely defensive. Carr was careless early and gave up a rather dumb two. Robb spent most of the rest of the match giving ground and blocking and the ref swallowed his whistle. I will be very surprised if a rematch didn't find Carr winning by 4-5 point margin. David still makes mistakes from a strategic standpoint that he will be forced to clean up especially in International events in his future. He is a cat (somewhat like RBY) in terms of speed and reflex.
That's OK, Robb doesn't need to beat Carr, just beat Young.

ADVERTISEMENT