ADVERTISEMENT

Obli's Observations: SOTU edition

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
Overall, I thought Biden accomplished what he wanted in terms of being vibrant and energized. He trailed off and made several flubs but everyone does that. Aside from that, the biggest problem is that he made the SOTU about him. Clear TDS. He did very little talking about what he was going to do to help Americans. He really framed it in what he was going to do to piss off conservatives.

• He starts by comparing himself to FDR in 1941. First, things didn't turn out so well for FDR and the USA in 1941. Second, really? Ukraine is Nazi German and Japan?
  • he took ownership of nothing. He blamed everything, even though the democrats dominate federal positions, on Republicans. For example, he's spent tons of money on Ukraine and we are in a worse position than when it all started.
  • Every solution was the old democrat "tax and spend" solution.
  • He made a major league error on Laken Reily. a) he let the GOP bully him into a conversation b) he called the immigrant "illegal". This is a huge mistake in the DNC world. c) he called Laken "Lincoln" 4) he showed more concern for the illegal immigrant than for the young lady and her family (read on for more)
  • Then, to top off the Lincoln/Laken issue, he has the gold star father arrested by has no problem with pro-palestinians protesting and blocking his access to the SOTU.
  • What do the last two bullet points mean to voters? He's more concerned about politics than doing the right thing. He cow towns to Palestinians while arresting a father who lost his son in a massive Biden Blunder
  • MTG is a total asshole and violated long-standing rules about wearing campaign stuff (D ladies were all white so not sure they are any better other than MTG was far more blatant). But this reminded me of the thug football player that trash talks all game and when the opposing player finally retaliates, gets a flag thrown. MTG was the trash talker, Biden was the one who walked into it and got a flag thrown.
  • I was SHOCKED that he talked down to the Supreme Court. I was pretty proud of how professional they were when he did that. Off the charts bad to anyone who knows how the three parts of govt work and why the SCOTUS is set up the way it is. Really dumb when he knows that they have several key rulings down the stretch.
  • Desperate times call for desperate measures. Biden was swinging big and we'll see if he connected. However, I thought he was distracted by TDS instead of looking out for America. This at a time when he was trying to frame Trump as being vindictive and bad because he doesn't care about America. Can't have it both ways.
  • Good news for the GOP is that the SOTU being a half hour late, everyone went to bed before the GOP rebuttal. No rebuttal was needed. If they were smart, they'd just have the woman come on and say "see? Biden doesn't give a shit about you and your problems. He just wants to place blame and hold onto power. On top of that, can't hold a cogent though for an decent period of time. What else do you need to know?"
Overall, completely unprofessional and focused on everything but how to make life better for Americans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News