Observations

Steve G

May 29, 2001
First I just have to say the bitter Republican tears on here are.........priceless and some of these threads are pure comedy golds please do keep it up.

As I see it there were 3 things that really helped the Democrats and torpedoed the Cons. The first and no one has really talked about it is unemployment or the lack thereof. What makes recessions bad is the job loss, that's what motivates people to vote out the sitting party. Well job openings continue and unemployment at 3.7%. Yes inflation is an issue, but not the issue it would be if there was wide spread job loss. That people are working, finding new and better jobs and wages rising really buffers the misery index. If we were in the middle of a real recession, a 2008 style recession there would have been a blood bath for the Democrats, but we are not, so there was not.

The second issue is one of candidate quality. When all is said and done the crazy and the conspiracy and the big lie folks were really bad choices. Lots of people who would vote middle right, Bush/ Reagan/Mittens looked at the clown show the Republicans put up and said "nope not gunna do it". This part has been mentioned but is due in large part to Trump and Jan 6 and the whole election was stolen/ rigged/ illegitimate delusion some of you still hang on to. It wasn't rigged and wasn't stolen and sane conservatives know that and so voted accordingly. As a corollary if you all hang on the Cheeto you will get even worse in 2024. The country is tired and done with crazy and running it again will just lead to more pain and bitter conservative tears.

The third issue mentioned repeatedly in some threads was R v W. Make no m istake about it, that is a very big deal to women voters of all ages and demographics. The supreme court did not do the Republicans any favors. This is one of those dog chased the car and actually caught it moments in life. Running against abortion was a great issue for conservatives, but once it was outlawed it became an even bigger motivating issue for many more voters,

So do carry on with post mortem and the crazy conspiracy stuff, but it really comes back to what James Caravlle told Clinton, "Its the economy stupid" and despite inflation the economy is actually pretty good as people are working..........

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014
First I just have to say the bitter Republican tears on here are.........priceless and some of these threads are pure comedy golds please do keep it up.

As I see it there were 3 things that really helped the Democrats and torpedoed the Cons. The first and no one has really talked about it is unemployment or the lack thereof. What makes recessions bad is the job loss, that's what motivates people to vote out the sitting party. Well job openings continue and unemployment at 3.7%. Yes inflation is an issue, but not the issue it would be if there was wide spread job loss. That people are working, finding new and better jobs and wages rising really buffers the misery index. If we were in the middle of a real recession, a 2008 style recession there would have been a blood bath for the Democrats, but we are not, so there was not.
I guess they didn't realize that they're going to lose their jobs in 2023. Well, except the Twitter and Meta employees, they know now.

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001

The second issue is one of candidate quality. When all is said and done the crazy and the conspiracy and the big lie folks were really bad choices. Lots of people who would vote middle right, Bush/ Reagan/Mittens looked at the clown show the Republicans put up and said "nope not gunna do it". This part has been mentioned but is due in large part to Trump and Jan 6 and the whole election was stolen/ rigged/ illegitimate delusion some of you still hang on to. It wasn't rigged and wasn't stolen and sane conservatives know that and so voted accordingly. As a corollary if you all hang on the Cheeto you will get even worse in 2024. The country is tired and done with crazy and running it again will just lead to more pain and bitter conservative tears.

The third issue mentioned repeatedly in some threads was R v W. Make no m istake about it, that is a very big deal to women voters of all ages and demographics. The supreme court did not do the Republicans any favors. This is one of those dog chased the car and actually caught it moments in life. Running against abortion was a great issue for conservatives, but once it was outlawed it became an even bigger motivating issue for many more voters,

So do carry on with post mortem and the crazy conspiracy stuff, but it really comes back to what James Caravlle told Clinton, "Its the economy stupid" and despite inflation the economy is actually pretty good as people are working..........
Well, you are entitled to your opinions.
We will see where we are in 2 years. If they follow the pattern of the first 2 years, it won't be good.
You can't see the forest because of the trees.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
its like Jake Tapper said last night about Oz "he's from jersey".....seriously nuff said.............
Like Hillary was born in PA and became a Senator in NY? Folks like you are dumb as a brick. You elected a do nothing pos that received 54k per month from his Father while Mayor. Nuff said, moron.

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
It’s going to be a long cold 🥶 winter. Wait until they start rationing diesel fuel. The world 🌎 runs on diesel. Buckle up. It’s going to get rougher for most people. You may have won 🥇 a few political battles you didn’t expect yesterday, but all of our problems still exist. Nothing has been improved.

Last edited:

Jerry

May 29, 2001

Take your observations and shove them up your ass, Groomer Boy.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
oh now that really hurts.......So Jer how's that lesbi........err nun daughter of yours doing cloistered up in that convent with all the other......(checks notes).........lesbians...........

She's doing fine, Groomer Boy, and has more decency and goodness in her little finger than do you in your whole grooming body. By the way, how's your grooming going? I know it means a lot to you.

b&w1987

Oct 8, 2005
Houston

Cocaine Mitch commented of candidate quality months ago. Employment is the only good thing about the economy. Abortion is a huge issue. States have to figure it out. For some reason that drives Dems and woman insane.

What you didn’t mention… Trump is toxic. As long as he is around Republicans will be hated.

PS: Dems are taking a victory lap and they lost the House and may lose Senate.
That’s called losing not winning.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Cocaine Mitch commented of candidate quality months ago. Employment is the only good thing about the economy. Abortion is a huge issue. States have to figure it out. For some reason that drives Dems and woman insane.

What you didn’t mention… Trump is toxic. As long as he is around Republicans will be hated.

PS: Dems are taking a victory lap and they lost the House and may lose Senate.
That’s called losing not winning.
Keep believing it's Trump and not the ballot harvesting.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
@Steve G you owe @Jerry an apology.

Even in Washington, partisans try to stay away from trashing children of political figures.

Whatever happened to freedom of religion? Freedom of choice to worship as you please? Obviously guys like him do not want any kind of moral standards in place most likely because they have some kind of thing of predilection they don't wanna talk to us about.

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
I will. Republicans are clueless when it comes to social issues. Trumps is and always was an a$$hole. More people are not overlooking that fact these days.
I regularly read powerlineblog.com for their conservative views on politics and other areas. John Hinderaker is one of their founding partners and has been a loyal Republican for many years.

Check out his blast about Trump.

* Donald Trump. I thought the Democrats’ endless yammering about “our democracy” and “fascism” was incredibly stupid, born of desperation, and would be ignored by voters. I was partly right: those themes were stupid, and they were born of desperation. But it turned out that they were not ineffective. To cite just one example, a young woman I know posted a photo of herself at the polls on Instagram, with the text, “I’m voting against fascism.”

Contrary to what you might assume, she isn’t an idiot. “Our democracy” and “fascism” were code for Donald Trump. At this point, Trump is a giant anvil around the neck of the Republican Party. In many areas, likely most, he is absolute poison. To be associated with Trump is to lose. Pretty much everything he has done in the last two years has been not just ill-advised but massively destructive to the Republican Party and to the United States. He has teased a “big announcement” in the next few days. I hope he announces that he is moving to Bulgaria.

An off-year election is normally a referendum on the president, which is why the out-party nearly always gains. When the Democrats tried to make this year’s election a referendum on Donald Trump, I thought they were crazy. Trump is not an office-holder, nor was he on the ballot. How could that possibly work? Well, it did work, and Trump, with his inimitable bad judgment, collaborated fully with the Democrats in putting himself front and center, with disastrous results.

The major exception to last night’s gloom was Florida, where Ron DeSantis and Marco Rubio both won crushing victories. Why was that? At least part of the explanation is that Florida was one state where the Democrats couldn’t pretend Trump was on the ballot. Ron DeSantis was on the ballot.

Here's the link to his full piece, which is worth reading.

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
And Hillary was from Arkansas. . .Seriously nuff said. . . . . . .
NY is much more welcoming to outsiders than PA. Seriously, just awful strategy from the Republican Party choosing a NJ candidate. And I voted for Oz as I was appalled by Fetterman’s candidacy.

Reactions: royboy

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I will. Republicans are clueless when it comes to social issues. Trumps is and always was an a$$hole. More people are not overlooking that fact these days.
Ok, good thing you're in the brainwashed camp. And you are brainwashed. Without low information voters like yourself the Ds wouldn't have a chance.
Explain Desantis then? I know there has been a big migration there from the NE, however they have much better election security. Which matters, it's impossible to harvest mail in ballots there.

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
NY is much more welcoming to outsiders than PA. Seriously, just awful strategy from the Republican Party choosing a NJ candidate. And I voted for Oz as I was appalled by Fetterman’s candidacy.
Nope, that's not enough to beat Oz. It's the ballot harvesting in the cities.

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Well, in fairness, Jerry started the ball rolling in terms of personal insults. Viz.:

No, Laf, Steve started the ball rolling a few months ago when, after being made to look foolish in a discussion with me regarding the historic crisis of corruption within the Catholic Church, he suddenly injected himself in a separate, unrelated thread to launch a vile, bigoted, slanderous attack on my daughter, a young woman he doesn't know, who gave up everything, including the family she loved and all creature comforts in the world, to enter a cloistered life of prayer and sacrifice in service to God.

There are some lines of decency that no man crosses. If he's a man. Which Steve clearly isn't. Furthermore, there's no statute of limitations on scumbaggery of that dimension.

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
I regularly read powerlineblog.com for their conservative views on politics and other areas. John Hinderaker is one of their founding partners and has been a loyal Republican for many years.

Check out his blast about Trump.

* Donald Trump. I thought the Democrats’ endless yammering about “our democracy” and “fascism” was incredibly stupid, born of desperation, and would be ignored by voters. I was partly right: those themes were stupid, and they were born of desperation. But it turned out that they were not ineffective. To cite just one example, a young woman I know posted a photo of herself at the polls on Instagram, with the text, “I’m voting against fascism.”

Contrary to what you might assume, she isn’t an idiot. “Our democracy” and “fascism” were code for Donald Trump. At this point, Trump is a giant anvil around the neck of the Republican Party. In many areas, likely most, he is absolute poison. To be associated with Trump is to lose. Pretty much everything he has done in the last two years has been not just ill-advised but massively destructive to the Republican Party and to the United States. He has teased a “big announcement” in the next few days. I hope he announces that he is moving to Bulgaria.

An off-year election is normally a referendum on the president, which is why the out-party nearly always gains. When the Democrats tried to make this year’s election a referendum on Donald Trump, I thought they were crazy. Trump is not an office-holder, nor was he on the ballot. How could that possibly work? Well, it did work, and Trump, with his inimitable bad judgment, collaborated fully with the Democrats in putting himself front and center, with disastrous results.

The major exception to last night’s gloom was Florida, where Ron DeSantis and Marco Rubio both won crushing victories. Why was that? At least part of the explanation is that Florida was one state where the Democrats couldn’t pretend Trump was on the ballot. Ron DeSantis was on the ballot.

Here's the link to his full piece, which is worth reading.

Sounds exactly like the article from the NY Post calling him TOXIC TRUMP. All of the medias that supported Trump are now attacking Trump.

Reactions: 2lion70

Steve G

May 29, 2001
No, Laf, Steve started the ball rolling a few months ago when, after being made to look foolish in a discussion with me regarding the historic crisis of corruption within the Catholic Church, he suddenly injected himself in a separate, unrelated thread to launch a vile, bigoted, slanderous attack on my daughter, a young woman he doesn't know, who gave up everything, including the family she loved and all creature comforts in the world, to enter a cloistered life of prayer and sacrifice in service to God.

There are some lines of decency that no man crosses. If he's a man. Which Steve clearly isn't. Furthermore, there's no statute of limitations on scumbaggery of that dimension.
you mean this Catholic Church?

A cardinal’s admission that he had behaved “reprehensibly” with a 14-year-old girl

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

A cardinal’s admission that he had behaved “reprehensibly” with a 14-year-old girl
Steve, sorry you were abused as a child and hope that someday you find peace.

b&w1987

Oct 8, 2005
Houston
The Catholic Church …. Decades and decades of child abuse covered up and supported by the highest levels of the church hierarchy. Indefensible.

Reactions: CaptainStabbin1

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
thing-are-heating-up-chris-rock.gif

Jerry

May 29, 2001

Ooooh, Groomer Boy comes back with a breathless revelation: there's been a scandal of corruption at high levels of the Catholic Church. I mean, nobody knew that before.

But how that explains or justifies his vile, bigoted, slanderous attack on my daughter, Groomer Boy doesn't say.

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI and royboy

b&w1987

Oct 8, 2005
Houston
Ok, good thing you're in the brainwashed camp. And you are brainwashed. Without low information voters like yourself the Ds wouldn't have a chance.
Explain Desantis then? I know there has been a big migration there from the NE, however they have much better election security. Which matters, it's impossible to harvest mail in ballots there.
DeSantis made his State successful and was a leader. People like that. All these tools who have nothing going for them but a Trump endorsement and election denial are empty hats.

Reactions: CaptainStabbin1