ADVERTISEMENT

OC search

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
A week has gone by and we've heard basically nothing. I guess it's safe to assume it's nobody from the current staff. But could it also mean Franklin struck out with his top choice?

Franklin just mention liked to have it done in two weeks.

I think we are still under some Freeh/Mitchell BS that we have to post a job and have to wait at least 14 days before making any hires....could be wrong but I think this is what we are waiting for. Expect an announcement this week or next whenever the BS timetable is up

A week has gone by and we've heard basically nothing. I guess it's safe to assume it's nobody from the current staff. But could it also mean Franklin struck out with his top choice?
Franklin said Rahne will call plays for bowl game but OC will come from outside program. New OC will spend time evaluating talent during bowl period.

He also mentioned that it won't be in house. Rahne calling plays for the bowl though.

No one wants to work for Franklin, not like we have a who's who of college coaches on staff

Reactions: Fizz1
No one wants to work for Franklin, not like we have a who's who of college coaches on staff
You do realize he kept the same staff that he's had since his very first day as a HC? This isn't a guy who's been hiring/firing people for decades. It is pretty new territory for him.

Reactions: mn78psu83
You do realize he kept the same staff that he's had since his very first day as a HC? This isn't a guy who's been hiring/firing people for decades. It is pretty new territory for him.

You do realize coaching has been poor since Franklin took over, right?

Perhaps some changes should have happened earlier?

You're being too transparent. The effective trolls take a more subtle approach, sprinkling in some positive comments with the trolling

Oh stop

When will some of our fans like you realize there are plenty of us that can be objective. Lack of objectivity already got us into major trouble once.

As we saw with Paterno, a coach can be loyal to a fault. Donovan never had a good offense and I'm not so sure Franklin should have brought him along in the first place.

Yep and he is going outside this time. Any question on how well he recruits? His staff is very loyal to him for a reason, as well. This is his destination job and time is on his side in this search. He will get what he wants. I believe that.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Oh stop

When will some of our fans like you realize there are plenty of us that can be objective. Lack of objectivity already got us into major trouble once.

See, again, same problem with this post. Just trying to offer some feedback. I can respect a creative troll but your strategy...it needs a lot of work

As we saw with Paterno, a coach can be loyal to a fault. Donovan never had a good offense and I'm not so sure Franklin should have brought him along in the first place.

He won 9 games in back to back years at Vanderbilt...of course he's going to bring his staff with him.

You do realize coaching has been poor since Franklin took over, right?

Perhaps some changes should have happened earlier?

Nope, don't realize that at all. Maybe to some fans with unrealistic expectations, but not to fans who understand what he's been up against.

Reactions: mn78psu83
He won 9 games in back to back years at Vanderbilt...of course he's going to bring his staff with him.

And Donovan's offenses were not the reason. I don't think he ever cracked the top 85 nationally. That is not good. I'd literally rather have the Jay and Galen show.

Wanny as OC. That blows my mind. CJF is a wily one. Getting the analyst gig just to woo Wanny. Think about it. With Wanny PSU would really dominate the state in recruiting. Makes sense.:eek:
Wanny would construct a brick wall around the entire region for recruiting. It would be a very impressive and expansive wall, rivaling Donald Trump's Mexico wall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT