ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illinois game thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
please use this thread for pre-game, in-game, and post-game discussions about the PSU - Illinois game. If you are replying to another post, please use the Quote function.

We Are ...

- curious to see who plays QB for PSU
- happy to see diamonds in the endzone
- hoping the run game gets untracked today
- moving slowly this morning; noon starts can be tough
- expecting to be celebrating a PSU win at the end of the game

... Penn State!!!!!!!!

No Clifford today. Roberson is improved with increased reps in practice, in a home environment, and not starting nearly every drive from his own 4 yard line.

PSU 27
Illinois 6

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSU 28 - Illinois 17 assuming Clifford DOESN'T play. I still think the B1G East champ comes out of the PSU-OSU winner. IMHO, Clifford is the MVP in the B1G.

A good sign!

Yesterday I attended Capannari’s annual pint ice cream sale (Mt Prospect, IL) as they are closing for the season this weekend. (Buy 4 & get 1 free.)

The young lady coordinating the sale once I got inside the small store had her PENN STATE sweatshirt on. Crazily busy but she agreed we’d both rather have been at The Creamery and going to the game today.

Penn State -24 w/out Cliff seems like a wide 1 to cover, then again it is Illinois and maybe the defense and ST alone outscore the 'Noise and the running game actually hits the horse sh1t cross train tinder strike pants fire explosive shartfire 🌯💥 R lad I love the smell of shartfire crossfire on Foxy big noon box off kick off

Reactions: BobPSU92
Please let Clifford rest. Give Roberson a chance to start and see if there is any improvement from the last game. If he's better, let him play out and would be a win/win for both him and Clifford.

Reactions: AvgUser
I was wondering ...ESPN showed him coming off the bus walking in with the team
I'll be disappointed to see him start if he could use more healing. I could see Ill coming hot for the injury. Don't think we need him today.

Reactions: ftlpsu
I'll be disappointed to see him start if he could use more healing. I could see Ill coming hot for the injury. Don't think we need him today.
Depends on the injury. He’s had two weeks to heal. If it’s an injury that won’t get worse from playing, then he should play….we need every win we can get.

Reactions: GoPennState97
ADVERTISEMENT