ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Indiana Game Thread

It’s natural for fans to want to see their team improve and play better each week, especially when it’s so obvious that the talent and potential are there. Nothing wrong with being critical after a win or loss.

Reactions: Grass and okinburg1
It’s natural for fans to want to see their team improve and play better each week, especially when it’s so obvious that the talent and potential are there. Nothing wrong with being critical after a win or loss.
And what exactly does that accomplish? I can’t think of one possible positive that brings about. I can think of negatives, but no positives.

And what exactly does that accomplish? I can’t think of one possible positive that brings about. I can think of negatives, but no positives.
Well, for one thing, it makes my Sunday morning a little more engaging ;) But seriously, how else do you get better if you aren’t critical of your performance? For fans, it gives us hope, which, let’s face it, ain’t such a bad thing to have these days.

Reactions: Grass and psualt
I was at a party and could not hear the broadcast. What was the penalty called that negated the shuffle pass TD?

I was at a party and could not hear the broadcast. What was the penalty called that negated the shuffle pass TD?
They said Strange was not eligible receiver. Ie he wasn’t off the line of scrimmage.

So PSU ran (sansQB ) for a whopping 145?
I get your point and I watched 15 go wild v Maryland. I also watched UCLA last night, a good running team. They knock guys off the line of scrimmage.
I had State 3-2 at this point so I’m having a great time but not running the ball is a HUGE problem. IMO we beat iowa cause their QB is terrible but raise your hand if you think we beat OSU. Me neither.
Love a NY6 but to get it we have to beat UMICH and Iowa.

Reactions: Grass
Well, for one thing, it makes my Sunday morning a little more engaging ;) But seriously, how else do you get better if you aren’t critical of your performance? For fans, it gives us hope, which, let’s face it, ain’t such a bad thing to have these days.
I understand being critical to get better, but how does being critical on a message board help the team get better? I’m quite sure the coaches are very critical of every performance. I would think a fan’s job is to support the team and get players excited about coming to and playing for the school, not to criticize them and the coaches so they can get better.

He was an ineligible receiver. When Strange moved up to the line the player out wide needed to back off to make Strange eligible.

I understand being critical to get better, but how does being critical on a message board help the team get better? I’m quite sure the coaches are very critical of every performance. I would think a fan’s job is to support the team and get players excited about coming to and playing for the school, not to criticize them and the coaches so they can get better.

You're equating this board to fans in the stadium, where it would usually be in poor taste to boo your team, where you would certainly cheer loudly after a big play or score.

I think this board would die if it had no critical analysis of what happens on the field. It certainly would not be interesting. In fact I think it would become rather phony.

Listen to the broadcast analysts calling the game, especially well-balanced analysts like Todd Blackledge or Jack Ham. They call it both ways. My guess is that, for recruits, if they are not at the stadium, they are listening to what gets said on the broadcast. Otherwise it's probably their Twitter feed.

The team "support" that you want is happening. It's at the stadium and around campus. After that, building the program comes with winning, especially championships. The rich get richer so to speak.

You're equating this board to fans in the stadium, where it would usually be in poor taste to boo your team, where you would certainly cheer loudly after a big play or score.

I think this board would die if it had no critical analysis of what happens on the field. It certainly would not be interesting. In fact I think it would become rather phony.

Listen to the broadcast analysts calling the game, especially well-balanced analysts like Todd Blackledge or Jack Ham. They call it both ways. My guess is that, for recruits, if they are not at the stadium, they are listening to what gets said on the broadcast. Otherwise it's probably their Twitter feed.

The team "support" that you want is happening. It's at the stadium and around campus. After that, building the program comes with winning, especially championships. The rich get richer so to speak.
There’s a difference between critical analysis and someone thinking their God’s gift to coaching. There are a lot of things I would like to see added to the offensive playbook or maybe done differently, but my posting it on here isn’t going to have any effect whatsoever on how the coaches prepare. I also think supporting the team means supporting the coaches….that’s severely lacking on this board.

There’s a difference between critical analysis and someone thinking their God’s gift to coaching. There are a lot of things I would like to see added to the offensive playbook or maybe done differently, but my posting it on here isn’t going to have any effect whatsoever on how the coaches prepare. I also think supporting the team means supporting the coaches….that’s severely lacking on this board.

I think you have a tendency to be overly defensive, and it isn't changing anything for the better. You'd be more effective posting what you think is appropriate, in this case, for you, team positives.

If someone isn't being factual then it calls for rebuttal. Have at it. Otherwise you're just causing inflammation with phrases like "God's gift," and other forms of exaggeration.

I think you have a tendency to be overly defensive, and it isn't changing anything for the better. You'd be more effective posting what you think is appropriate, in this case, for you, team positives.

If someone isn't being factual then it calls for rebuttal. Have at it. Otherwise you're just causing inflammation with phrases like "God's gift," and other forms of exaggeration.
The problem is you can’t argue with facts most of what gets posted here because they’re arguing things that didn’t happen. “We should have never tried to run in that situation” after the run play didn’t work. “So and so should be in there playing and not this other person.” We can’t prove how the other person would have played. Franklin wins 42 games in four years yet he’s a bad “game day” coach. You can’t argue with Monday morning QB’s because they have the benefit of hindsight.

Well, for one thing, it makes my Sunday morning less dull.
It doesn’t, obviously. But that’s what fans do, and part of why this board exists, right? Or else we’d be stuck talking about fights outside some Godforsaken restaurant somewhere in the Poconos.

It doesn’t, obviously. But that’s what fans do, and part of why this board exists, right? Or else we’d be stuck talking about fights outside some Godforsaken restaurant somewhere in the Poconos.

That's the way I see it. This board is for us.

The players get a free education, instant campus socialization, nice lounge, celebrity status, and the feeling of being gods in front of 100,000+. I don't see anything humbling in that.

And the coaches are pretty well paid last I checked, especially the HC. Nothing humbling in that either.

So let us have our board.

Reactions: okinburg1
The problem is you can’t argue with facts most of what gets posted here because they’re arguing things that didn’t happen. “We should have never tried to run in that situation” after the run play didn’t work. “So and so should be in there playing and not this other person.” We can’t prove how the other person would have played. Franklin wins 42 games in four years yet he’s a bad “game day” coach. You can’t argue with Monday morning QB’s because they have the benefit of hindsight.
1 of 5 on 3rd less than 5 yards DID happen Brohan

Forgive him. He is an engineer. He can’t help himself!🤓
Thank you much Meister with the help to be friends with some of our breathern.
Side note: maybe someday I'll explain why i got expelled from school in 8th grade, 11th & 12th grades. Everything was a misunderstanding, seriously it was. When i fought ass hole jocks it was to protect the younger kids that were joining the football program.

Actually disciplinary issues 8th grade had nothing to do with sports. In 8th grade we had to take this simpleton subject called business math. All you needed was 10 fingers & 10 toes to do the math. The course was tought by Ms. Warmouth, a 300 pounder with an impenetrable body corset.

My two friends Jackie Davis and Lee (forgot his last name) would entertain the class by shooting (pee shooter) a few straight pins into Warmouth's corset while she outlined lessons on the blackboard. The pins would stick briefly and drop to the floor.

My grandparents essentially raised me. My grandmother was sewing on her sewing machine one day and noticed she had dozens of these two inch long sewing needles. I started experimenting with the sewing needles...apply different amounts of cotton attached to the rear of the trajectial with minute amounts of glue to fasten the cotton stabilizer as not to overburden the rear of the needle with weight so the missile would fly true.

I gave Jack and Lee a few of my stealth needles, I don't remember which friend made the striking blow to Ms. Warmouth, but the sewing needle penetrated her corset and YIKES all hell broke loose.

Sat in the principal's office (Mr. Benjamin Davis, Valley West School) awaiting suspension, parent conference, etc. I was really afraid that Mr. Davis would tell my parents that I should no longer live with my grandparents. Instead, Mr. Davis told me that i was a good student and should not hang around Jack and Lee and he was expelling them and questioned their return to the highschool. My punishment was sitting in Mr. Davis's office during study hall for a few weeks.

Between 8th grade and graduating, Mr. Davis was always there to help me, even when I punched and dropped Mr. Opalski (math teacher) in the cloak room. There was a reason that Mr. Davis learned in short time by several adults concerning my misbehavior in striking Opalski. Not proud, but kids do stupid things on ocassionally.

Side note: maybe someday I'll explain why i got expelled from school in 8th grade, 11th & 12th grades. Everything was a misunderstanding, seriously it was. When i fought ass hole jocks it was to protect the younger kids that were joining the football program.

Actually disciplinary issues 8th grade had nothing to do with sports. In 8th grade we had to take this simpleton subject called business math. All you needed was 10 fingers & 10 toes to do the math. The course was tought by Ms. Warmouth, a 300 pounder with an impenetrable body corset.

My two friends Jackie Davis and Lee (forgot his last name) would entertain the class by shooting (pee shooter) a few straight pins into Warmouth's corset while she outlined lessons on the blackboard. The pins would stick briefly and drop to the floor.

My grandparents essentially raised me. My grandmother was sewing on her sewing machine one day and noticed she had dozens of these two inch long sewing needles. I started experimenting with the sewing needles...apply different amounts of cotton attached to the rear of the trajectial with minute amounts of glue to fasten the cotton stabilizer as not to overburden the rear of the needle with weight so the missile would fly true.

I gave Jack and Lee a few of my stealth needles, I don't remember which friend made the striking blow to Ms. Warmouth, but the sewing needle penetrated her corset and YIKES all hell broke loose.

Sat in the principal's office (Mr. Benjamin Davis, Valley West School) awaiting suspension, parent conference, etc. I was really afraid that Mr. Davis would tell my parents that I should no longer live with my grandparents. Instead, Mr. Davis told me that i was a good student and should not hang around Jack and Lee and he was expelling them and questioned their return to the highschool. My punishment was sitting in Mr. Davis's office during study hall for a few weeks.

Between 8th grade and graduating, Mr. Davis was always there to help me, even when I punched and dropped Mr. Opalski (math teacher) in the cloak room. There was a reason that Mr. Davis learned in short time by several adults concerning my misbehavior in striking Opalski. Not proud, but kids do stupid things on ocassionally.
The needle story is hilarious. 🥰A fitting beginning of an engineering career! Or a mad scientist/terrorist!

Glad you made through those troubled times rlatively unscathed.

Reactions: step.eng69
The needle story is hilarious. 🥰A fitting beginning of an engineering career! Or a mad scientist/terrorist!

Glad you made through those troubled times rlatively unscathed.
The sewing needle with cotton tail is true. If you ever get a chance sometime, examine a 2 inch long sewing needle, just a stupid thing kids do. If that f'n needle landed in Warmouth's neck, not covered by her corset, could have evolved in her beinging paralyzed. Really scary as an adult when i think of that incident more than a half decade ago.

The sewing needle with cotton tail is true. If you ever get a chance sometime, examine a 2 inch long sewing needle, just a stupid thing kids do. If that f'n needle landed in Warmouth's neck, not covered by her corset, could have evolved in her beinging paralyzed. Really scary as an adult when i think of that incident more than a half decade ago.
More than half a decade ago?.........ummmm,m.....ok!😉

Rewatched the game. Big 10 refs still miss obvious penalties. Lambert-Smith had his helmet removed via a face mask by DB as did Dotson later in the game. On Clifford’s interception, Dotson had the DB burned for a long TD toss and had his jersey grabbed causing Clifford to force it to Washington. Ridiculous how obvious and clear penalties are not called. I sure hope Franklin keeps the heat on the Big 10 striped clowns.

most interesting thing I've read in days. You should get these memoirs down somewhere for your grandchildren if you haven't already.

Between 8th grade and graduating, Mr. Davis was always there to help me, even when I punched and dropped Mr. Opalski (math teacher) in the cloak room. There was a reason that Mr. Davis learned in short time by several adults concerning my misbehavior in striking Opalski. Not proud, but kids do stupid things on ocassional

Lambert-Smith had his helmet removed via a face mask by DB as did Dotson later in the game.
And to think certain Indiana fans came here expressing outrage that we would even suggest that their lunatic coach teaches such crap. It was a blatant tactic to get PSU players out of the game, even for just one play.

Reactions: rudedude
when did this game thread turn into Step.eng69 biography hour?

I like it way more than PSU fans telling each other to **** off and die
Reflections like this occasionally happen in the winter of one’s, would prefer to hear more of our board siblings background, adventures and really dumb a$$ situations you got yourselves into

I really enjoy the members talking about their travel, restaurants, cars, big city life, etc. My daughter called this morning from Alabama concerning spring graduation at University Park for my two granddaughters. They had to reserve hotel rooms in Williamsport, rooms in State College were $1000.

Sending her the BW thread on Franco’s so she and her in-laws from NYC can make reservations when in town

HA! I love it. I went to a Catholic high school and one of the teachers was a nun with one of those Sally Field Flying Nun starched headdresses, except that it had a large cavity on top, something like a ship's smokestack, instead of wings. We used to shoot spitballs into the top of her headdress, and we got quite good at it. Apparently she would carefully take it off every night without tipping it. After a few weeks she bent over one day in class to pick up a piece of chalk and the whole pile of spitballs rolled out. We got a visit from the principal. It was less dangerous than your needle but probably more sacrilegious. In my Catholic grade school we were served hot lunches every day, often with a vegetable medley of boiled peas, corn, and small cubes of carrots - you know the mixture I am describing. We would use our forks as catapults to launch the veggies vertically and score points by how many we got to stick into the small holes in the ceiling tiles. After months, the principal looked up one day and saw an entire mosaic of veggies on the ceiling. It was a beautiful Van Gogh Starry Night galaxy of veggies. We had to stand on the table after school for days meticulously picking them out. This was not a sin of sacrilege but, according to the sermon/lecture we got while cleaning the ceiling, one of wasting food. The parhs to Hell are many and various.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT