ADVERTISEMENT

Oh how Deions stock has fallen

The commits all know that they will be replaced through the NIL. May as well remove traditional recruiting all together... This is officially a semi-pro league now anyway. Commitment will mean less and less. I hope I'm wrong though.

Well, it turns out you can’t just replace an entire roster and expect success or loyalty. In fact, I would say that Deion was a spectacular failure vs expectations. He did no better than their historical average over the last 20 years. His biggest impact this year was destroying his conference. I am sure he had a very large part in Colorado’s decision to pack their bags back to the big 12.

Sanders had tremendous momentum back in September. IMO, he needed to get to 6-6 this year to keep the ball rolling. He was/is the Bitcoin of new coaches.

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
Neon Deion was, and always has been, about show boating and self-promotion. No doubt he was a tremendous player, but I'm sure he never once turned away from hype that grew himself and his brand.

When he was 3-0 (having beaten 3 bad teams - TCU, Nebby and Colorado St) he could have pumped the brakes and emphasized "it's early" and "let's see how things go when we hit the PAC12 teams." But no, he accepted all the media frenzy and basked in the moment. So now he deserves every de-commitment and all the bad press. Enjoy it Coach Prime - look in the mirror when you want a scapegoat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT