ADVERTISEMENT

On streaming TV content

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I"ve been watching "The Bear" due to the high number of Emmy nominations. First, I thought it was "cocaine bear". Nope. Then I thought it was a show about a sandwich shop. Kinda but no.

while the first season dragged a little the second and third seasons are as good as any TV I've watched. It kind of reminds me of Schitt's Creek. It is really about families and people. The setup is that a guy named Carmy comes back to Chicago to take over a sandwich shop that his brother owned. Carmy left Chicago to find himself and is one of the top chefs in the world. When he gets back, he finds his family-run sandwich shop is a complete dumpster fire and sets out to make this ragtag group of family members and low-level employees a profitable endeavor.

Each episode is about what is happening behind the scenes in each person's life. it is about their past and their struggles. The backdrop is some incredible information about high-end food preparation, the work to make a restaurant tick, and some really fantastic direction (music, photography, acting). It is funny, compelling, frustrating, funny and emotional. Most of all, it is educational. While I kind of knew about the challenges of food preparation, I had no idea of the art, dedication, and creativity that goes into it. Must see TV if you are a foodie, at all (I am not, I am a meat and potatoes person).

It is on Hulu as content that they produced and directed (meaning, it is exclusive right now).

That is a fantastic show. I have been waiting a while for this season!
Agreed. It is hard to find a show that celebrates good, average, and hard-working people. A show that presents family, no matter the disfunction, as a positive in one's life. My wife and I are watching another good show on Apple named Presumed Innocent with Jake Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard. It is a good show. But I have a hard time getting emotionally involved because the defendant, the "good guy", is a complete scumbag and I don't care if he is found innocent or guilty.

The last season of Cobra Kai is now available. This is based on the Karate Kid with all the same actors and a ton of nostalgia. It is just stupid fun that has both my wife and I hooked. You just have to turn your brain off to enjoy it. We consumed the first 5 seasons in a short period of time and had been waiting about a year for the final season.

Reactions: Obliviax
The last season of Cobra Kai is now available. This is based on the Karate Kid with all the same actors and a ton of nostalgia. It is just stupid fun that has both my wife and I hooked. You just have to turn your brain off to enjoy it. We consumed the first 5 seasons in a short period of time and had been waiting about a year for the final season.

I stopped I think in season 4 when it got really stupid.

Did it improve from there?

I don't know if this will be streamed content or not but looks like they are coming out with a Bob Dylan bio pic.

I"ve been watching "The Bear" due to the high number of Emmy nominations. First, I thought it was "cocaine bear". Nope. Then I thought it was a show about a sandwich shop. Kinda but no.

while the first season dragged a little the second and third seasons are as good as any TV I've watched. It kind of reminds me of Schitt's Creek. It is really about families and people. The setup is that a guy named Carmy comes back to Chicago to take over a sandwich shop that his brother owned. Carmy left Chicago to find himself and is one of the top chefs in the world. When he gets back, he finds his family-run sandwich shop is a complete dumpster fire and sets out to make this ragtag group of family members and low-level employees a profitable endeavor.

Each episode is about what is happening behind the scenes in each person's life. it is about their past and their struggles. The backdrop is some incredible information about high-end food preparation, the work to make a restaurant tick, and some really fantastic direction (music, photography, acting). It is funny, compelling, frustrating, funny and emotional. Most of all, it is educational. While I kind of knew about the challenges of food preparation, I had no idea of the art, dedication, and creativity that goes into it. Must see TV if you are a foodie, at all (I am not, I am a meat and potatoes person).

It is on Hulu as content that they produced and directed (meaning, it is exclusive right now).

Sounds interesting but I don't have Hulu. YoutubeTV, Netflix, Prime, and Max are enough.

Sounds interesting but I don't have Hulu. YoutubeTV, Netflix, Prime, and Max are enough.
Here is what you do. Cancel Max, Prime and Netflix and sign up for Hulu. Then watch The Bear, Shogun and whatever else floats your boat. That will take you a few months. Then cancel Hulu and go back to Netflix and Prime. Catch up with what they've released then cancel them. Then sign up for Max and Paramount. Cancel them. Go back to Hulu.....rinse and repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT