ADVERTISEMENT

One point.

HunterPSU96

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2013
A loss by one point costed PSU the Big Ten title and a CFP berth...

Hope we beat them next year at the White House..

So PSU beating Wisconsin was a certainty? Did not know that.

No, but yes it is. Wisconsin plays to our strengths just like last year (don't throw the ball well to outside receivers (which exposes our soft coverage and lack of pass rush) and does not defend speed well outside or out of the backfield, chunk plays that we thrive on and OSU ate on. And Barrett was horrible tonight, Trace is a better Qb.

Reactions: Mixolydian

It's pretty much a certainty yes. You really think we'd lose to Wisconsin? My god, Hornibrook is awful and we beat them last year... confidence would be on our side and we'd be the favorite. Big Ten East doesn't lose conference championships.

It's pretty much a certainty yes. You really think we'd lose to Wisconsin? My god, Hornibrook is awful and we beat them last year... confidence would be on our side and we'd be the favorite. Big Ten East doesn't lose conference championships.

So, not a certainty. That's what I thought.

PSU also beat OSU and MSU (handily) last year, correct? How did that work out this year?

So, not a certainty. That's what I thought.

PSU also beat OSU and MSU (handily) last year, correct? How did that work out this year?

I know you're just playing devils advocate... but if we beat Ohio State (who we lost by 1) I don't see us losing to Michigan State and certainly not Wisconsin. IMO, PSU is better than Ohio State.. and on a neutral field we'd beat them. I don't see our team coming out against Wisconsin on a neutral field and losing. lol

Nothing in life is certain until it happens. That said, it would have been highly likely. The Wisconsin offense tonight and their QB play was just brutal.

Reactions: Mixolydian
3 points. Beat MSU and they don’t even need to play Wisconsin to get in. Karma would have been sweet. Hopefully it works in bamas favor at least.

3 points. Beat MSU and they don’t even need to play Wisconsin to get in. Karma would have been sweet. Hopefully it works in bamas favor at least.

Agree.
Tired of seeing Bama in the playoffs (read: jealous) but will happily see it again this year.

Ahead by 15 and 2 minutes to play. No excuses.
Agree no excuses but were ahead by 15 with 12 mins to play and by 11 with 5 mins to play. Turning point was the Barrett fumble with 13 mins left and PSU up 15. Have the ball at the OSU 40 with a chance to cement the game. Instead, PSU goes backward, has punt blocked and two plays later OSU scores. Obviously still had chances after that, but that sequence of events completely changed the game.

I also agree that had PSU held on to beat OSU, we’d likely be celebrating PSU being in the playoff this morning.

Yup and that's why when you are leading by 15 points in the 4th qtr you have to close out the game
But it's perfectly acceptable to lose by 100 to a middle of the road Big West team? Ok, got it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT