ADVERTISEMENT

Open Thread: Penn State vs. Army

WAOY TO EARLY TO SAY THAT!!WE KNOW BOTH THESE GUYS ARE GOOD THEY WILL WORK IT OUT!!
okay-its-happening.gif

yea bearclaw didnt look himself bet he was still sick!

would have rather seen Evans in there!

lol he knows hot to score just doesnt all the time!!

LOL ALL YOU GUYS LIGHTEN UP ITS EARLY!!I THINK CLAW IS STILL SICK

NO QUESTIONS JUST ANSWERS!!
You can really tell when the coffee kicked in...somewhere between 8:18 and 8:23.

Maybe switch to decaf.

Bearclaw choosing down was (even at the time not just in retrospect) a big mistake. Match was 0-0 at the time, and he looked close to scoring a couple of times. If he takes neutral, and maybe gets a takdown, that third period may have been very different. That said, if you can't get out for five minutes you are not gong to win many matches. I do very much appreacite that Cael says "that was my decision, so thats on me. We knew the kid was comfortable in that position." I believe that, above all else, is what makes Cael the best coach in college sports. He is quick to take blame (even when the wrestler got ridden like a rented mule) and always throws out any praise to his coaching staff and the athletes. He is never satisfied and always willing to reexamine or tweak the way he runs things. His humility, despite his unparreled sucess, is so rare in today's world. We are truly blessed.

Last edited:
Cael says "that was my decision, so thats on me. We knew the kid was comfortable in that position." I believe that, above all else, is what makes Cael the best coach in college sports. He is quick to take blame (even when the wrestler got ridden like a rented mule) and always throws out any praise to his coaching staff and the athletes.

Cael also plays 3D chess. Maybe putting TB on bottom was intentional knowing this is where he needs work, while also knowing it is his opponent's strength. Exposing flaws outside of our room in November is not entirely a negative.

especially vs. the top three...

Did you watch the Iowa vs Princeton dual. The announcer, a former Iowa wrestler, said Cass weighed in at 242. Kerk will be fine, except maybe against Steveson, who is a beast.

Starocci would have gotten majored by Washington last year if not teched if Washington didn’t idiotically take bottom. This was 2 months out from NCAAs also.

Geez, hasn’t everybody caught on yet that our coaches believe that running from weaknesses is not a good thing for progress. Others that concern themselves with winning every match at any cost seem to have a different approach, and often a different result in March.

Really surprised for some reason that it was your first visit. I'm sure you enjoyed it!
Well I only moved into town a year ago, so this was the first opportunity. I've been to BJC for a dual and seen plenty of our guys up close at tournaments. But yeah, I'll be back for a few more.

Reactions: burnsie1983
Geez, hasn’t everybody caught on yet that our coaches believe that running from weaknesses is not a good thing for progress. Others that concern themselves with winning every match at any cost seem to have a different approach, and often a different result in March.
In Cael we trust

Reactions: NittanyChris
Starocci would have gotten majored by Washington last year if not teched if Washington didn’t idiotically take bottom. This was 2 months out from NCAAs also.
LOL THE GUY GOT LUCKY ON THE TD WHEN HE JUST HAPPENED TO CATCH THE ARM STAR WOULD HAVE SCORED MORE NO MATTER WHAT TD THEN BACK POINTS JUST GOT WAY TO FAR BEHIND!

LOL THE GUY GOT LUCKY ON THE TD WHEN HE JUST HAPPENED TO CATCH THE ARM STAR WOULD HAVE SCORED MORE NO MATTER WHAT TD THEN BACK POINTS JUST GOT WAY TO FAR BEHIND!
Except the part when Star didn't notch a single TD that match

ADVERTISEMENT