ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon may win but their stupidity to go for 2 on first 2 touchdowns is why they're losing.

It's the best team that NIL money can buy.
That’s the problem for him. A lot of money was “donated” to their NIL fund to buy this championship. These donors want results. They didn’t look great last night. Both lines had some issues that were surprising to me. They may have the wrong quarterback after he let an excellent one go.

That’s the problem for him. A lot of money was “donated” to their NIL fund to buy this championship. These donors want results. They didn’t look great last night. Both lines had some issues that were surprising to me. They may have the wrong quarterback after he let an excellent one go.

I expected their D-line and linebackers to dominate, but they didn't. And their best corner couldn't handle Oregon's speed on the outside.

Ryan Day is 1-7 vs. top 5 opponents. And his teams have also been ranked in the top 5 for all 8 of those games.
Anytime you lose by 1, there are 100 little coaching decisions or omissions that can get dissected. Day will be dealing with that for the next several weeks.

Funny thing is, though, this game is meaningless. Both Oregon and tOSU will be in the playoff regardless of who won this game. Ohio State has to fix and sharpen some things but they can probably improve. Howard has all the tools and will probably be better in November when PSU plays them.

If Day loses to Penn State, or tOSU doesn't make the national championship finals, I would think there will be serious discussions about firing Day and hiring from outside. Day could be coaching in the NFL next year.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT