ADVERTISEMENT

Original Hi-Way Pizza location closes. The Saloon also.

That’s sad. I puked in a trough at the saloon on my 21st. Good times.
I got thrown out last time I was there for taking a bottle of vodka of the bar because the bartender wouldn't serve me .......

I'm under the impression the entire block is to be demolished and new buildings built to match the building built four years ago in the Garner Street parking lot. No idea where that project actually stands.

Was sad when the Deli closed, and even sadder with the Saloon. Probably the bar I've spent the most time at in the last 25ish years since I graduated (when up for a full weekend, would usually go see Velveeta there on Friday nights).

No! No! Say it isn't so! This is like a death in the family to me. I lived at HiWay Pizza when I was a student from 1966-1970. I loved the place. Sad. Sad.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Was sad when the Deli closed, and even sadder with the Saloon. Probably the bar I've spent the most time at in the last 25ish years since I graduated (when up for a full weekend, would usually go see Velveeta there on Friday nights).
Not Original location. Original was the Deli, followed by what used to be Bar Blu.

Jennifer Zangrelli has ruined her dads business.
Anybody else remember when an intermural volleyball game just instantaneously broke out in that place? You know, the one in which Kerry Collins suffered a hand injury and then Paterno benched him for John Sacca and it cost Penn State probably 2 losses?

Anybody else remember when an intermural volleyball game just instantaneously broke out in that place? You know, the one in which Kerry Collins suffered a hand injury and then Paterno benched him for John Sacca and it cost Penn State probably 2 losses?
Guys with broken hands always get "benched", especially QBs. Geez.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT