ADVERTISEMENT

OSU'S FICKEN

87 Penn St8

Feb 11, 2009
Chester County, PA
The announcers said that Ruggles' grandfather was a Buckeye season ticket holder and that it was always his dream to play for OSU. Hopefully the young man is able to follow in Sam's footsteps and be shown the love he deserves for representing the school and giving his best.

He will never live that down...even NFL teams trolling him...Falcons tweeted at him yesterday after their guy made a much easier game winner...classless

• Angry
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Wow

I didn't think that anything could be more classless than Desmond Howard comments about CJ Stroud at the Heisman ceremony in 2021 but I was wrong.

Reactions: bison13
Wow, what a bush league thing to do. Poor kid has to feel terrible.

Truth is he didn’t lose the game. The team had their chances and blew it. Last couple play calls were pretty bad. To blame it on a kicker with a long kick is just wrong.
The poor kid will have that kick on his back the rest of his life. Problem is it wasn't just a miss...the trajectory of the ball wasn't in the same zip code as the uprights...which made it look like a choke job.

Wow, what a bush league thing to do. Poor kid has to feel terrible.

Truth is he didn’t lose the game. The team had their chances and blew it. Last couple play calls were pretty bad. To blame it on a kicker with a long kick is just wrong.
Exactly. They could’ve put him in a better position or maybe play a little D near the end.

Seeing how hard the Falcons are getting ratio’d for this tweet gives me some hope for people. What a classless thing to tweet from an organization that finished last in the NFL’s worst division.
You taught me a new term: ratio'd

As a high school teacher I'm shocked I hadn't heard this before...needed the good ol trusty Urban Dictionary.

I guess they are getting attention for all the wrong reasons. I also learned what "28-3" means from looking at the Twitter comments. Fantastic replies!

A former student is the CAP Accountant for the Falcons...will give her dad shit next time I see him.

He was getting hammered by an OSU fans as well - very classless

He was getting hammered by an OSU fans as well - very classless
Not this one. OSU had many key injuries on offense, but the defense cost them the game. They scored 41 points and lost. It should not have been on the kicker to win it. Ruggles is a good kicker, he just missed this one. Rumor is it was not a great snap and hold. That also did not help on a 50 yarder.

Last edited:
You taught me a new term: ratio'd

As a high school teacher I'm shocked I hadn't heard this before...needed the good ol trusty Urban Dictionary.

I guess they are getting attention for all the wrong reasons. I also learned what "28-3" means from looking at the Twitter comments. Fantastic replies!

A former student is the CAP Accountant for the Falcons...will give her dad shit next time I see him.
Yah, the 28-3 replies are great.

And as you found out, (and for the others who don’t know), getting ratio’d is when a tweet gets a ton more tweets going against it than it does in support of it. This Falcons tweet is a great example of getting ratio’d.

Not this one. OSU had many key injuries on offense, but the defense cost them the game. It should not have been on the kicker to win it. Ruggles is a good kicker, he just missed this one. Rumor is it was not a great snap and hold. That also did not help on a 50 yarder.
When a kicker has to go for a longer kick, he has to change his swing a bit. It’s like stepping up to the tee knowing you usually hit the ball 225 yet have to drive over the creek which sits at 230. You probably change your swing speed a bit and we all know what happens if you don’t hit it just perfectly. I’m pretty sure the same thing happened to the OSU kicker.

Yah, the 28-3 replies are great.

And as you found out, (and for the others who don’t know), getting ratio’d is when a tweet gets a ton more tweets going against it than it does in support of it. This Falcons tweet is a great example of getting ratio’d.
Ok, for us terminally un-hip types…..what is 28-3?

The announcers said that Ruggles' grandfather was a Buckeye season ticket holder and that it was always his dream to play for OSU. Hopefully the young man is able to follow in Sam's footsteps and be shown the love he deserves for representing the school and giving his best.

He will never live that down...even NFL teams trolling him...Falcons tweeted at him yesterday after their guy made a much easier game winner...classless
Maybe he'll get a jersey like Scott Norwood of the Bills.

Ahh.....they pulled it down. I had the link in the 2nd post.

Something like: " This is how you kick a game winning field goal in MB Stadium" and showed their kicker make a ~30 yd fg.

Last place loser team flexin' on a college kid

Very poor taste, but the twitter account is probably handled by some 20-something UGA fan that works or interns in the media department. It's highly unlikely that anybody of any stature within the organization posted it.

But I could be wrong. Still, wrong team to be flexing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT