ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone here handsplit their own firewood? Got a Fiskars

I did a fair amount of biking 3 days a week this fall on a Rails-to-Trails down in Water Street, I'm sure many here know it, the Lower Trail. The people who volunteer to maintain that R-o-W I am convinced are firewood scavengers first and foremost. If there's a blowdown on your way south, it's gone on your way back north. When a tree hits the ground on that trail the leaves ain't even shook off it yet and it's cut up and gone. If you have a Rail Trail near you, volunteer as a maintenance guy. Once you have that golden key to those gates every few miles, you're solid. You'll be turning wood down, I'm sure of it. The trail is 33 miles long. That's a lot of trees along the way to blow down.
This fat bastard has to back his truck right up to the log, or at least be able to get a long log chain on it and drag it to where I can back the truck up to it. Toting logs is not in the cards. The back and shoulders are strong but the lungs and legs are weak.:)

This fat bastard has to back his truck right up to the log, or at least be able to get a long log chain on it and drag it to where I can back the truck up to it. Toting logs is not in the cards. The back and shoulders are strong but the lungs and legs are weak.:)

Nope, these guys back a vehicle right up. They have a good thing going. No mule work. It's an old railroad grade, wide and flat for a vehicle.

home_photo1.jpg

Reactions: demlion
Nope, these guys back a vehicle right up. They have a good thing going. No mule work. It's an old railroad grade, wide and flat for a vehicle.

home_photo1.jpg
Sweet. BTU City. BTW that firewood on the right of your photo is sure neatly stacked. A little trimming with the saw and it would be good to go.:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT