ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Australian sportswriter liveblogs 49ers/Vikings game; hilarity ensues...

A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

I guess the folks in Australia are quite excited at the prospect of native rugby player Jarryd Hayne being a star in the NFL. One of their sportswriters liveblogged the game - link to blog and an excerpt below!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...nesota-vikings#block-55f79179e4b0dd400d532de1

Boom! Kaepernick pulls the trigger and smokes a bullet to ... oh, nobody. We go again, on the Vikings’ 22. And Carlos Hyde, he’s everywhere, Carlos. He scoots left and he’s over the gain line thingo. And there’s more flags. And there’s another five-yard penalty. And the Niners could end up with a touchdown just from penalties.

Second down. Nine yards to get. They pick up five through a wide ball to McDonald, a huge man, he’s 6ft 8in, can run the hundred in 10 seconds, an impressive human. Kaepernick! He fakes. He fakes again. He runs. And makes 12 yards with a slide onto the ground. Penalty, heap of flags. D-men holding, you can’t do that if you don’t want to give up five yards. Here come the Niners.

Okay. Niners ball, they lead by seven points because they scored a touchdown and the Vikings did not. QB Kaepernick has the ball and he gives it to Carlos Hyde, he’s my MVP, lot of running. Niners still with the ball, it’s their turn to have a crack. They need to go one yard which they do through that man, my man, the Hyde Man. And Jimmy Tomsula waves his hand in the air like he’s lassooing something, a steer, perhaps, or a Viking. Ha. Okay - Hayne Plane! sorry. Go son. He gets them to within one yard.

Reactions: PSUSignore
LOL...I was trying to explain football to the couple sitting next to me in Dublin. She was from New Zealand, he from Poland. They really just wanted to see how big the men were. Jessie James walked past and they were in awe.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
The Aussie press has been all over this Aussie player for the Niners for months now. Not sure if he was a rugby or Aussie rules football player first because they (Sydney Morning Herald) seemed to get pretty snooty at the way the U.S. Press referred to him as a rugby player (apparently the SF media didn't use the correct phraseology and the reporters gave the disdain/ 'throw your hands up in the air' frustration that the U.S. Media can't get this right). It will be funny to see the 'clash of cultures' over this year with respect to this player. ;)

I guess the folks in Australia are quite excited at the prospect of native rugby player Jarryd Hayne being a star in the NFL. One of their sportswriters liveblogged the game - link to blog and an excerpt below!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...nesota-vikings#block-55f79179e4b0dd400d532de1

Boom! Kaepernick pulls the trigger and smokes a bullet to ... oh, nobody. We go again, on the Vikings’ 22. And Carlos Hyde, he’s everywhere, Carlos. He scoots left and he’s over the gain line thingo. And there’s more flags. And there’s another five-yard penalty. And the Niners could end up with a touchdown just from penalties.

Second down. Nine yards to get. They pick up five through a wide ball to McDonald, a huge man, he’s 6ft 8in, can run the hundred in 10 seconds, an impressive human. Kaepernick! He fakes. He fakes again. He runs. And makes 12 yards with a slide onto the ground. Penalty, heap of flags. D-men holding, you can’t do that if you don’t want to give up five yards. Here come the Niners.

Okay. Niners ball, they lead by seven points because they scored a touchdown and the Vikings did not. QB Kaepernick has the ball and he gives it to Carlos Hyde, he’s my MVP, lot of running. Niners still with the ball, it’s their turn to have a crack. They need to go one yard which they do through that man, my man, the Hyde Man. And Jimmy Tomsula waves his hand in the air like he’s lassooing something, a steer, perhaps, or a Viking. Ha. Okay - Hayne Plane! sorry. Go son. He gets them to within one yard.
That was really entertaining. "Sacked like a bad employee!". Too funny.

I didn't read the whole thing at first, but just started to and saw this KICK ASS pic of Navorro 'MON5T3R' Bowman (can we get him back for this season??? Please!!!):

CO6Jf3nXAAAU6xm.jpg:large

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT