ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Music

trudeau-sucks-free-canada.jpg

As far as British music, it's hard to beat the members of The Faces and The Yardbirds. Like, you can't make those band members up. Absolute Gods.

As far as Canada, lots of great bands I think were missed. Loverboy, Triumph, Steppenwolf, and who can forget Red Rider.

As far as Prince, I was never a fan of his music that much, but the dude was a guitar icon.

Who rarely gets mentioned as arguably the greatest, or near greatest guitarist is Rory Gallagher of Ireland.

As far as British music, it's hard to beat the members of The Faces and The Yardbirds. Like, you can't make those band members up. Absolute Gods.

As far as Canada, lots of great bands I think were missed. Loverboy, Triumph, Steppenwolf, and who can forget Red Rider.

As far as Prince, I was never a fan of his music that much, but the dude was a guitar icon.

Who rarely gets mentioned as arguably the greatest, or near greatest guitarist is Rory Gallagher of Ireland.
The Yardbirds were seriously stocked with talent even before they became Led Zeppelin.

Reactions: Hotshoe

yardbirds yes faces not so much!

Triumph was actually amazing. Great musicians in that band. They were unfairly compared to Rush, and the two bands were nothing even close to similar. Triumph was a straight ahead guitar based rock band while Rush was a very progressive styled group that underwent 2 or 3 different phases in sound genres.

Reactions: NittanyChris
most certainly I am a music fanatic just happens to be my fav band out of many I am a 60s and 70s music man!
Funny story. My older brother had to get eye surgery after an accident in the woods. He had to wear these smoky 70s style shades. Anyway, he’s wearing those shades and a Jethro Tull concert tshirt our oldest brother bought for him one day when an older dude comes up to him. Older guy is clearly a stoner and thinks my brother is too given his gear. Anyway, they start talking about Tull and my brother asks if the guy has heard the new album - it’s about 1982 or so. The guy, in a total Jeff Lebowski stoner type voice says: “nah, man. I like classic Tull; the new stuff is bogus Tull”. You had to be there, but very funny exchange.

Anyway, I was a kid in the 70s so listened to a lot of my older brothers’ stuff. My favorites:

Mick Taylor era Stones
Led Zep - anytime, anywhere. I’ll be listening to them when I’m 90
CCR
Steely Dan - they get better the older I get after multiple listenings. Geniuses
The James Gang - the acid guitar outro to “Walk Away” is simply one of the greatest sounds in rock music history.

I’d be interested in your list

Funny story. My older brother had to get eye surgery after an accident in the woods. He had to wear these smoky 70s style shades. Anyway, he’s wearing those shades and a Jethro Tull concert tshirt our oldest brother bought for him one day when an older dude comes up to him. Older guy is clearly a stoner and thinks my brother is too given his gear. Anyway, they start talking about Tull and my brother asks if the guy has heard the new album - it’s about 1982 or so. The guy, in a total Jeff Lebowski stoner type voice says: “nah, man. I like classic Tull; the new stuff is bogus Tull”. You had to be there, but very funny exchange.

Anyway, I was a kid in the 70s so listened to a lot of my older brothers’ stuff. My favorites:

Mick Taylor era Stones
CCR
Steely Dan - they get better the older I get after multiple listenings. Geniuses
The James Gang - the acid guitar outro to “Walk Away” is simply one of the greatest sounds in rock music history.

pretty good choices!

Mick Taylor era Stones
CCR

hmmm tough but top 5 TULL,MANFRED MANN EARTH BAND,TEN YRS AFTER,THE GUESS WHO,THEM WITH VAN THE MAN!REALLY TO MANY TO PICK!!

Mick Taylor era Stones
CCR

Do It Again is a fantastic song. The sound is just so clean, especially the first minute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT