ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How Army left the visitor's locker room at Oklahoma...

spring-cleaning-4.jpg

Seems like you could take that, and the standing ovation PSU fans gave App State, and a few other similar symbols of decency, and build a new tone for CFB.

Our society points out all the bad, not all the good in everything. Not sure why that is. I complain a lot myself so I'm not sure I'm part of the solution. There's a lot of good things about college football. I think Joe showed most of us what those things were and Franklin has continued to do so.

Our society points out all the bad, not all the good in everything. Not sure why that is. I complain a lot myself so I'm not sure I'm part of the solution. There's a lot of good things about college football. I think Joe showed most of us what those things were and Franklin has continued to do so.
BINGO! My wife likes watching the ABC national news at 6:30 when we are having dinner. It is basically 29 minutes (minus commercials) of doom and gloom (murders, bombings, scandals, etc) followed by a one minute "feel good" story. I keep telling it would be awesome if they switched and lead with 1-2 minutes of the "bad stuff" and then give us nice stories the rest of the broadcast. But that is not what the people want to watch.

BINGO! My wife likes watching the ABC national news at 6:30 when we are having dinner. It is basically 29 minutes (minus commercials) of doom and gloom (murders, bombings, scandals, etc) followed by a one minute "feel good" story. I keep telling it would be awesome if they switched and lead with 1-2 minutes of the "bad stuff" and then give us nice stories the rest of the broadcast. But that is not what the people want to watch.
Agreed. And what is funny is that the world, by just about every measure, is a far better place today than ten, 20, 30 or more years ago. The US economy is screaming. Minority unemployment is at an or near all time lows (women, black, hispanic). Poverty levels are at an all-time low domestically and worldwide. Healthcare is better, pollution is lower, education is better....Penn State football is good!

While many problems exist and need to be addressed, this is truly the best of times for the majority of people.

So, is the standard that other opposing teams leave their locker rooms a sh*tshow?

That and the negativity on social media and the internet news outlets definitely create a narrative that things are terrible. The complete opposite is true however. Statistically speaking, we are living in the safest age in human history (so far). Violent crimes have been decreasing, but you'd never know that from reading the news.

This is part of Japanese culture; they clean classrooms as kids to learn discipline and responsibility.

Meanwhile, here in the US if you have pledges clean the fraternity house it is considered hazing. Which leads to a lot of the mess you have with fraternities at PSU (including mine). There are several things with Asian cultures that I think are effed up, but this is definitely not one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT