ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lindsey Vonn wins downhill and super G World Cup titles.

Class of 67

Jan 30, 2007
Impressive considering how serious her knee injury was last year. Mikaela Shiffrin on track for the slalom title. Pretty good showing for our American ladies. I wish we had competitive men; it's been a long time.

Ted Ligety is pretty darn good.

Until this season he has been virtually unbeatable in GS. Right now he sits third in the GS World cup standings and is unlikely to catch Hirscher who has had another awesome season.

I was lucky to meet Ligety this season right after he received his gold medal for winning the world championship GS with an awesome second run. He could not have been more gracious and seemed like a genuinely good guy.

It's a shame that skiing gets so little coverage in this country

In Europe Lindsey Vonn is an absolute athletic superstar, in the United States she is Tiger Wood's girlfriend.

She just came back from another serious knee injury and won both the Downhill AND Super G World Cup titles, but good luck finding any coverage of this incredible accomplishment. We're too caught up in the latest news from The Kardashians.

I'll refrain from commenting further on my real thoughts on American "priorities" and "culture".

Re: It's a shame that skiing gets so little coverage in this country

She just came back from another serious knee injury and won both the
Downhill AND Super G World Cup titles, but good luck finding any
coverage of this incredible accomplishment.

What an accomplishment! One of the greatest comebacks in the history of any sport and she now has a realistic shot at passing both of Stenmark's records (tied for crystal globes), although total wins (67 for Vonn to 86 for Stenmark) will be difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT