Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
LINK

granted, I don't like fans storming the field. especially DURING games

but even this seemed arbitrary and excessive

LINK

From a big picture, these places hire "security" but never fully train them. Not sure here with the stadium security.

But, places hire these big steroid, HGH, intimidating security people who never get any training. This last summer, a reggae bar had a HUGE fight ensue with security getting involved.

Perhaps some lawyers can chime in. I would think the employer is responsible to some degree.

Here's one video from the Conch House Brawl...

In the end, you stay off the field. That's just stupid. The sad part is that the security guards assaulted the fans, then let them run on the field anyway. They obviously had no clue on how to handle the situation. If I recall, PSU has had a pretty strong uniformed police presence on the field at the end of the games with potential for this type of fan behavior.

LINK

Yawn

I am at the point, everyone should just do what they want, there should be no rules or laws. Cuase matter it's handle by police, security, officers it's always wrong.

LINK

Yawn

I am at the point, everyone should just do what they want, there should be no rules or laws. Cause no matter how it's handle by police, security, officers it's always wrong.

LINK

I had a LT, that God forbid you went to help her. She better have asked first for help. She came from a Gov't. site on the Northside, I was from one by South Park. We had 2 different styles.We weren't allowed to beat or tackle, and were expected to restrain even if assaulted first.

Reactions: simons96
Improperly trained and just hired to be there as a presence. These people where just hired to stand on the field and look like security. They seemed to pick and choose who they stopped and let them go any way. They had no plan what to do with those they caught after they caught them. Why do you think PSU has police on the field at all times and then after big games they bring in the riot police and horses?

I am not justifying what the fans did as it was wrong but if the rent-a-security dope was going to stop people they needed to stop everyone.

I hate the "rules apply to everyone else except me" mentality that most people have these days. In this day and age there are too many crazy people on the streets who could/would do harm to others.

Reactions: simons96
Improperly trained and just hired to be there as a presence. These people where just hired to stand on the field and look like security. They seemed to pick and choose who they stopped and let them go any way. They had no plan what to do with those they caught after they caught them. Why do you think PSU has police on the field at all times and then after big games they bring in the riot police and horses?

I am not justifying what the fans did as it was wrong but if the rent-a-security dope was going to stop people they needed to stop everyone.

I hate the "rules apply to everyone else except me" mentality that most people have these days. In this day and age there are too many crazy people on the streets who could/would do harm to others.

it's funny, I took a lot of crap here when I was adamantly opposed to fans storming the field. I don't think they should EVER cross the barrier onot the playing field.

but God forbid I exhibit a little nuance in thinking some of these security guards went overboard, and abused people at random LOL

Reactions: Marshall30

Very similar to the "security" that was "frisking" us to get into the Michigan game.
That was a joke.

Very similar to the "security" that was "frisking" us to get into the Michigan game.
That was a joke.

Yeah what a joke to make sure people are safe.. Weren't ISIS trying to get into the soccer stadium in France where Germany and France was playing? Security turned them away, I didn't read anyone bitch about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT