ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Music When I Was At Penn State

I still remember walking through the quad on the other side of East Halls (the one closer to campus) and Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes' "Bad Luck" was playing from an open dorm window--except that it wasn't. It was some kind of parody called "Bad F***".

Reactions: ralpieE
Well, you posted 6 songs and I can honestly say I've only heard of one of them (Year of the Cat) so I think it's safe to say we did not graduate in the same class.

Post some when you did!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Post some when you did!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Actually, I looked up "Year of the Cat" and saw it was 1976 which surprised me because I thought it was much more recent. I graduated in 1970, so I'm not sure why I don't remember the others, except to say my music taste has always predated the Beatles (late 50's & early 60's) so while I probably heard those songs on the radio, they did not register in my musical memory bank.

Actually, I looked up "Year of the Cat" and saw it was 1976 which surprised me because I thought it was much more recent. I graduated in 1970, so I'm not sure why I don't remember the others, except to say my music taste has always predated the Beatles (late 50's & early 60's) so while I probably heard those songs on the radio, they did not register in my musical memory bank.

Actually, Year of the Cat was earlier, like '74.

The others the same.

Actually, Year of the Cat was earlier, like '74.
The others the same.
Wikipedia has it's US release date as October, 1976, but no matter. I clearly remember that one, but none of the others. My first daughter was born in 74 and the 2nd in 76, so I was probably more focused on their lives than the radio.

Wikipedia has it's US release date as October, 1976, but no matter. I clearly remember that one, but none of the others. My first daughter was born in 74 and the 2nd in 76, so I was probably more focused on their lives than the radio.

I was a punk on the loose. NY Rock Ensemble was more famous than Dave whatever his name was Band. I still think they suck to this day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT