ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Number 85 (88 GOAT !!) for Shiffrin

johnmpsu

Nov 29, 2001
EagleVail, CO
One more to tie Stenmark. Amazing season continues.

Video of her second run.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Ok, so are you a Shiffrin stalker? Are you allowed within 100 yards of her or her home?😉

Just teasing. She is truly amazing. Breaking all these records at such a young age. By the time she is down her record will be like Bob Beamon’s jump. Untouchable.

Ok, so are you a Shiffrin stalker? Are you allowed within 100 yards of her or her home?😉

Just teasing. She is truly amazing. Breaking all these records at such a young age. By the time she is down her record will be like Bob Beamon’s jump. Untouchable.
Hmmm..... you do realize Beamon's record has been broken, correct?

If you are going to be near the Vail valley on April 2, come out to Solaris at 4:00PM to celebrate her now 88 victories. It's free.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
NBC today had a one hour special on her career. Alas, I just caught the last day of racing. Which was damn good.

She won that record race by almost a full sec(.95), a big margin in skiing. She didn’t play it safe but attacked the entire run. Announcer said ‘The glaciers will be gone before her record is challenged.’ Another said that Ingemar Stenmark only won a a race or two a year to set the record at the end of his career while she is young, healthy, and should win many more.

The show will likely be on the NBC Sports website if anyone is interested.

Reactions: WIP2001
NBC today had a one hour special on her career. Alas, I just caught the last day of racing. Which was damn good.

She won that record race by almost a full sec(.95), a big margin in skiing. She didn’t play it safe but attacked the entire run. Announcer said ‘The glaciers will be gone before her record is challenged.’ Another said that Ingemar Stenmark only won a a race or two a year to set the record at the end of his career while she is young, healthy, and should win many more.

The show will likely be on the NBC Sports website if anyone is interested.
I’ll watch it if it’s there. Did they mention she also won in every discipline? That’s nearly ridiculous. Most, including Stenmark could not.

Mikaela is back in town. Went to the Vail Valley celebration of her 87th, now 88th victory. Greatest alpine skier of all time. It was a very nice event.

Pic 1 Speaks to crowd
Pic 2 Mikaela gets her goat. The skis behind her represent each of her records. Had to take it off he big screen as I couldn't get a good direct picture.
Pic 3 With gold medalist Johnny Mosley

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Mikaela is back in town. Went to the Vail Valley celebration of her 87th, now 88th victory. Greatest alpine skier of all time. It was a very nice event.

Pic 1 Speaks to crowd
Pic 2 Mikaela gets her goat. The skis behind her represent each of her records. Had to take it off he big screen as I couldn't get a good direct picture.
Pic 3 With gold medalist Johnny Mosley

Nice!! Thanks for the shots!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT