ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Philadelphia Eagles fans get ITT...

Ctel12592

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2006
NEPA
Well now that I've gathered my bearings on everything that's gone down with Philly the last couple of days...

1. I think trading Shady won't be as bad of a thing as a lot initially think. He was never a guy who bought in 100% to Chip and with Kelly it is his way or the highway (see: Jackson, DeSean). While he is elite, I don't think he has more than 2 top level years left. RB is becoming an increasingly replaceable position. Plus, in Alonso we are getting a guy who played out of his mind in his rookie year. He has huge upside and being paired with Kendricks gives us a really nice tandem.

2. Writing is on the wall for the release of Demeco Ryans. Alonso is there to take that spot. Ryans going is in line with the rest of the moves that've been made: getting rid of high price, replaceable veterans.

3. We will probably see Maclin get signed sooner rather than later. Additionally, I think Philly will spend a good bit in free agency as well. It seems likely that they will get Maxwell. I would also think that we are going to make a big push to sign Worilds or keep Brandon Graham.

4. I think it is becoming more clear that Kelly really didn't like the way the team was constituted when he took over. Some high priced players who were a bit diva-ish and some vets that were overpaid.

5. I am really beginning to think that Kelly is going to do whatever it takes to get Mariota. We are clearly seeing now that he has no allegiances to the way things have been in Philly. I don't think he is afraid to give up a lot to get him.

Anyone else want to add their thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.