ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Update on the USS Fitzgerald

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
I think those beams were needed just to stabilize it enough to get her into drydock there. She's going to need more work if a Pacific crossing is going to be possible.

I think those beams were needed just to stabilize it enough to get her into drydock there. She's going to need more work if a Pacific crossing is going to be possible.

They might transport the ship back to the USA as they did the USS Cole when she was damaged. Norway had a huge ship that acted as a large drydock and simply carried the Cole back to a repair shipyard on the Gulf Coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95
They might transport the ship back to the USA as they did the USS Cole when she was damaged. Norway had a huge ship that acted as a large drydock and simply carried the Cole back to a repair shipyard on the Gulf Coast.

the-uss-cole-is-lifted-by-mv-blue-marlin-a-norwegian-dry-dock-vessel-picture-id1305401

I think if the keel is bent they will have to do that. I don't think repair is a certainty, either- it may be cheaper to replace her.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT