ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UPDATE took my talents to South Beach . . . our trip to Key West

all knowing board . . .

my g/f and I are heading to Miami for my niece's B'nai Mitzvah in a few weeks . . . we will be in Miami for 2 days, but decided to stay an extra day to travel to the "keys" and see the sites

any tips on where to visit along the stretch from Key Largo to Key West? We have to drive back to Miami that night, so we're looking to hit the best spots in the shortest amount of time.

I think we've already slated in the Hemingway Home, Truman "Little" White House, and the Southernmost Point of the US.

any other suggestions? like where to eat?

What's a B'nai Bat Mitzvah vs a Bat Matizvah for your niece?

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
I was responding you saying he saw 99% of what Key West has to offer. Unless you get on a boat wont really see Sunset Island, will you?
Unless you get on a boat, and then off said boat you wont see this the USS Vandenberg.
Until you go to a place like Schooners and listen Michael McCloud play his songs for 3-4 hr, you have missed much of what Key West is about.
so if you think walking up and down Duval st will give 99% of what Key West has to offer, you will miss out on much of the point of Key West.
Martello towers, Ft Taylor.....Plenty more to see

Because for The Keys and Key West, what's on, in, and under the water is by far the biggest attraction

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that is not the topic at hand. I was responding to his post... which specifically said:

Drove to the Hemingway House aaaaaaaand . . . drove past it. No big signs indicating its location. Nowhere to park, lol. Slowed down to snap a photo of the Zero Mile Marker, despite the attempt of a dingbat on a bicycle trying to block the shot.

Found a parking garage near the Truman Little White House, but we got there just after the tours stopped at 4:30 PM.

We want to go back and spend some more time seeing the local sights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT